Recent content by Linus27

1. Linus27

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Hehe hello buddy, nice to see you here. Hope you enjoy my DC5 when you finally get it in a week or two I have no idea yet what I'm going to get to replace the DC5 as my track car. First choice is to get another Elise but prices are crazy right now. Bought my first Elise in 2006 for £8k and...
  2. Linus27

225 on standard rims

Carl, as usual you have given me the answer to a question I had. In fact I was going to message you to ask if you run 225/45/17 on track knowing you use OEM wheels.
  3. Linus27

June trackdays

No, afraid not, will be heading back on Wednesday although things do change so maybe lol Yeah definitely have a chat
  4. Linus27

June trackdays

I also have Spa on the 9th and 10th November booked
  5. Linus27

FD 5.1 - Change the 6th gear???

Thanks guys, I will leave the 6th gear as it is. Long term I can see me changing to a 5.3 but I got the 5.1 cheap from a friend so it was a no brainer.
  6. Linus27

FD 5.1 - Change the 6th gear???

I've picked up a cheap Spoon 5.1 Final Drive which I'm getting fitted in a month or so. As the 5.1 is quite a subtle change, is it worth changing the 6th gear to the EP3/Accord one or is it not worth doing? I will be doing track days and some daily driving.
  7. Linus27

June trackdays

I have June 23rd Brands Indy evening booked. I also have Silverstone GP booked for October and hope to do Spa in October as well. I usually go with mates but have been on my own to a few so don't mind that. Best track day organiser by a country mile is Lotus on Track. After that then Circuit...
  8. Linus27

Trackday Tyres

Yeah, as Carl says, leave them stacked in the garage so always good to hire one. If you ever do Castle Combe or Bedford then buy a tarpaulin in case it rains as no garages available at those circuits.
  9. Linus27

Trackday Tyres

For my DC5, on track I use AD08R's and they are phenomenal, especially in the wet and I found no issues with them losing grip at all. I love wet track days and thankfully, around 75% of my track days have been wet. Unfortunately, you can no longer get them so I am planning on trying R888r's next...
  10. Linus27

Which exhaust setup

This picture is now my wallpaper at work on my PC. Awesome picture
  11. Linus27

NEW FORUM STICKERS

Not a fan of the honeycombe background and much prefer the cut out letters as well. Don't actually mind the larger red stripe under the lettering and keeping that might be a nice connecting point to the Torque GT logo. Maybe that single red line under the lettering could join up with the Torque...
  12. Linus27

**** Great News, Forum saved ****

Great news that the forum will keep going, despite being a very small club, the knowledge and members here are invaluable and it would be a huge shame to have lost this. Thanks to Simon for all your hard work over the years and thanks to Torque GT for stepping in and keeping the place going.
  13. Linus27

MOT's and the Future

Hi All, It seems that its getting harder to find a friendly MOT centre these days with regards to decats. I've had no problems the last 7 or so years but last year was a major ball ache and the garage had to remove my 4-2-1 manifold and refit an OEM system to get it through the MOT and then...
  14. Linus27

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

Thread revival but I'm now seriously considering getting an FD2. I'll be keeping my DC5 which is my track toy so it will replace my 2012 Renault Megane 265 Cup which is my daily. The thing is, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the RS Megane. It is super fast, has full leather Recaro seats...
  15. Linus27

On the lookout

I'm one of the older forum owners here (50 this year) and have a championship white DC5. They are amazing cars but I wouldn't say they compare to an EP3. I had both at both time and the EP3 felt very tame and sensible compared to driving the DC5. The DC5 felt like a touring car in a good way...