Recent content by Mark_teg

1. Mark_teg

DC5 Gen 2 Mugen Bumper

Yahoo Japan auction? I bought FD2 Floormats on there (they're also discontinued and super rare) and Torque GT shipped them over for me.
  2. Mark_teg

Suspension geometry/design

Carl, the JDM EP3 didn't come with Brembos either, it had 'Type-R' embossed calipers like the UK premier models.
  3. Mark_teg

Suspension geometry/design

The fd2 has a totally different designed suspension setup. Firstly, as you've mentioned, the steering rack is mounted far lower - this then results in the steering arm connecting to the hub rather than the suspension leg like on the dc5. I'll see if I can find a picture of mine later
  4. Mark_teg

Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB

I had one of these in my teg and now have one in my fd2 with the same head unit as you https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-ND-BC8-Reverse-Camera-for-AVIC-Z830DAB-C-AVIC-Z730DAB-C-AVIC-Z630BT-C/402269535814?hash=item5da921fe46:g:CHEAAOSwCMFaRknT
  5. Mark_teg

Gearstick not returning central

Intake pipes often foul the shifter, was possibly your problem.
  6. Mark_teg

Which exhaust setup

I think you're answering your own question then ;) Get it removed, looked at and repaired properly. Choose an exhaust company and tell them how loud you want it, they then know how much deadening to put in. I had a Kakimoto regu 06&R on my dc5 for years, covering probably tens of thousands of...
  7. Mark_teg

Fitting a mugen rear strut brace

Carl, they look like m10 x 30mm (you don't count the head for length).
  8. Mark_teg

Speedometer Problems... need help please

Vtec only works if the ECU detects all the correct parameters- engine oil pressure is one of them but vehicle speed is another. It seems some converters fail and the wiring to them can also be bodge jobs, so no two failures ar the same (hence some people lose vtec, others don't). Honda...
  9. Mark_teg

Newbie question - braided lines

I had the TGM lines. They're excellent quality and still looked like brand new when I sold the car (fitted for 5 years in my ownership, 2 years with the next owner and probably are still fitted now!).
  10. Mark_teg

Drop links - opinions?

I'd recommend OEM Honda. Those ones have lasted how many years and miles? I assume a fair few of both. New ones from Honda will probably outlast the car ;)
  11. Mark_teg

Dc5 wheels

Not without cutting arches
  12. Mark_teg

Not a clue

Marc is right, it's a heat shield protecting the driveshaft from exhaust manifold heat. The mesh-type collars you refer to are to minimise vibration noise and would probably benefit from replacing (will be pennies from Honda and will then outlast the car). You could add some solid washers for...
  13. Mark_teg

The Teg has gone

All the best Marc
  14. Mark_teg

Alignment needs adjusting between wheel sets?

No, the alignment remains the same. It'll only change if you remove suspension components (including subframe) or it takes a knock.
  15. Mark_teg

Problems with rear Brembo caliper.

Hi Granty, The rear calipers are not made by Brembo. However, they are the same as fitted to many other hondas including the EP3, it's just the discs that differ. Replacement or a recondition are options, I'm sure Honda sell. Kit including new seals and piston, though I'm unsure which is more...