Recent content by matt_hodgson

1. M

Rear exhaust heat shield rattle

Hi I've a rattle at the back that I think can only really be the heat shield. Have others removed it - is it ok to do so? Cheers Matt
  2. M

2002 DC5, FD02 LDO

A milage of 460 when imported in 2007 and 5 years old is maybe a bit fishy? Maybe worth considering against the price.
  3. M

Temp issues

When I've had thermostats stuck open I've seen the temp noticeably drop going down motorway hills, and climb again going uphill. Like Carl says - if it gets up to normal temp and staying there then sounds fine.
  4. M

5,000 miles honda DC5 help advice needed!

So seemingly someone has imported it, gone to the bother of converting the clocks to mph, then let it languish in a corner for 17 yrs... all a bit weird. Can only guess the 'unforeseen circumstances' could have been the discovery of the crash damage and deeming it not worth repairing - and if...
  5. M

AC climate control panel

Hi It's probably the blower resistor behind the glove box. https://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-heater-blower-resistor-transistor-civic-01-06.html You can get clones much cheaper on ebay but I'd go for a genuine one. When my fan stopped working completely I bought an ebay one...
  6. M

Not sure if the car is overheating or not.

By bars I'm guessing you mean the position of the temp gauge needle? The needle shouldn't move from its normal position (1/3rd ish on the gauge), AC on or off. If it's moving around it's usually a stuck thermostat (would be stuck closed in your case), but I wouldn't expect the AC to have such...
  7. M

Absolutely Gorgeous DC5...

Lovely :D
  8. M

Snow

A couple of pics form Thursday :)
  9. M

I'm looking for a former owner

Hi - an exclusive club! You'll probably have more luck tracing the former owner if you can find any UK paperwork that states the registration number - I think people are not so likely to have a record of the chassis number after selling the car.
  10. M

Quick headlight fix?

I cleaned up mine with one of these 3M restoration kits back in March and it worked brilliantly - I didn't seal them afterwards and still looking like new 9 months on https://www.amazon.co.uk/3M-39008-Headlight-Restoration-System/dp/B001AIZ5HY Was a bit stressful to do though - takes time and...
  11. M

Rear and front speakers help please

PS - although the insert adapter I bought for the rear was no good, the connector adapter was fine!
  12. M

Rear and front speakers help please

Hi mate I fitted 4x 5.25" speakers to mine earlier this year. The fronts went straight in with this adapter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002M8P1XE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 But I had to make adapters for the rear out of wood. In hindsight I would have bought...
  13. M

New tyres - wheel wobble

OK thanks - that's somewhat reassuring - I'll try somewhere else for another balance then. Fingers crossed!
  14. M

New tyres - wheel wobble

Sorry - good point - they're stock wheels.
  15. M

New tyres - wheel wobble

No - the previous set were a lot less stiff - should I get the tracking/geometry done again do you reckon? I did get it done at Honda with the previous set thinking about it.