Recent content by Mattz

1. Mattz

Japfest Silverstone 2019 - 5th May 2019

Should get them the week after next I reckon. They usually send them out a few weeks before. Anyone going from down in the south east? I'll be driving up from Essex.
  2. Mattz

Awesome, didn't really get a chance to talk to many members last year so I'm going to make the effort this time.
  3. Mattz

I will be attending :)
  4. Mattz

Boosted DC5 for sale on the bay (high price)

The fact this has a forged engine and loads of other goodies would make anything around 15k/16k a good price IMO. If you buy a bone-stock DC5 on 70/80k miles you're talking 8/9k. A set of coilovers, exhaust and a few other mods and you're already spending 11/12k. The price doesn't seem that...
  5. Mattz

Loose front end?

I'd suggest getting the geometry checked first before making any other changes. My front toe was pretty far out and the car handled like crap before I had the geo done properly. It feels a little loose at the back now so I might need a stiffer rARB but overall it handles really well.
  6. Mattz

The DC5 - a dry weather car only?

Exactly this. The only 'problem' I get in very heavy rain is the exhaust making a funny noise :xgrin: I've got sport contact 5's on at the moment and the few times I've driven in the wet I haven't had any issues.
  7. Mattz

New owner in Gloucester facelift cw bone stock atm 😃

Welcome to the facelift club! I got mine from torque GT with the same auction grade as yours and also completely standard (not very standard any more though :P ). Torque are usually very good at sorting any issues you may have so I wouldn't worry too much.
  8. Mattz

Tyre width and tread query

Lots of people run staggered wheel setups (245 front and 225 rear is common) so shouldn't be an issue. I remember watching a bestmotoring video of all the aftermarket tuners racing DC5's and they all had wider front tyres compared to the rear.
  9. Mattz

Japfest 2018 - 6 May 2018 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/DISCUSSION THREAD.

Was great to see a few members and looks around some awesome cars. A friend of mine spotted a group of people around my car and one of them was actually underneath the rear of it? Was it anyone on here? :xtsk:
  10. Mattz

Right next to the toilets :D
  11. Mattz

For anyone that is coming from the South East and wants to convoy up we're meeting at the Brentwood Shell garage (just off the m25) at around 7AM. Feel free to join us :)
  12. Mattz

Solid Fabrications 3" Track Exhaust DC5

Essex, drop me a pm if you're interested
  13. Mattz

We're doing a convoy from Essex mate, probably going to meet at the Brentwood Shell garage. Drop me a PM and I'll let you know the time and details :)
  14. Mattz

Might just keep it and put it up for £100, someone can just get the baffle removed/replaced then. Sticking with the OEM header for now as I don't want to run a full system without a map. I'll hopefully be getting an inlet/ecu/manifold later on in the year :)
  15. Mattz

I ordered a solid fab last week and I'm hoping it's fitted before Jap fest. Do you guys think I should bin my old system with a knackered baffle or try and sell it on here? (Tanabe concept G exhaust).