Recent content by MaxMacGechan

1. MaxMacGechan

Check your NGK spark plugs!!!

Seemed to have got trapped inside the cylinder by the piston and worked its way up and down until it had gauged it so deep that cylinder was holding no pressure.
  2. MaxMacGechan

Check your NGK spark plugs!!!

Same happened to me, but I didn't get away quite so lucky...
  3. MaxMacGechan

What Engine Coolant

Thanks for all responses. My rad blew, so the colour of the coolant is to be found somewhere on the floor on the A3. From what little I had left it seemed to be a pinky colour, but there wasn't much and as I'm fitting a new Rad anyway I'm gonna be doing a full flush of the system. Cheers all!
  4. MaxMacGechan

What Engine Coolant

As above really, changing the Rad and wondered what coolant to use? Is there a huge difference or are they ultimately all the same? Hoping I can find something through amazon prime to have it here ASAP as well... Cheers!
  5. MaxMacGechan

Aftermarket radiator

Thanks for this, I'm in a bit of a pinch and at half the price of all the others (and I'm not using mine for track and currently have it pretty much as standard) this should most certainly do the job!
  6. MaxMacGechan

Aftermarket radiator

Thanks! Same for the Tegiwa one as well I take it then?
  7. MaxMacGechan

Aftermarket radiator

Resurging an old thread with a new question... I take it these aftermarket rads will all still fit with the AC as well?
  8. MaxMacGechan

Anyone breaking or selling or know where to get...

Thanks for this, Andy had exactly what I needed! Never came across his website before!
  9. MaxMacGechan

Calliper Carrier seized

But it'll fit and be suitable for a DC5 that's only being used for road use?
  10. MaxMacGechan

Calliper Carrier seized

Hi guys, I've tried all of this, really with no luck at all. Obviously the car still drives (and stops) but it's not idea, and probably not a great look for the car going in to it's MOT next week... So do people know, is it the same as the rear caliper on the EP3 & FN2? Thanks!!
  11. MaxMacGechan

Anyone breaking or selling or know where to get...

Hi ITR hive, I have recently had the cable snap on my Driver side Window regulator. I tried repairing this with a universal brake cable and crimping it in to fit, but the crimping doesn't hold enough strength to pull up the window. So does anyone know where to get the correct size of cable...
  12. MaxMacGechan

Calliper Carrier seized

So my rear passenger calliper carrier seems to have siezed. It's only one of the two pins that squeeze in and out of the carrier, but I noticed as I was gonna do a refurb on my callipers at the weekend. Is this something people have had go before? I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere...
  13. MaxMacGechan

Car Won't Start - Fuel Related - *Could be Immobiliser*

So after a long time, crawling around with a meter I have realised where the problem could by lying. Everything I have tested and that works: Relay, wire continuity, fuel pump, battery and earth, all which are absolutely fine. After poking a meter into the ports for the relay, I came to realise...
  14. MaxMacGechan

Rear disc height - Am I just being an idiot...?

So I have started to do my rear discs and pads today. Ordered the parts throughout the week and currently have taken it all apart, only to find that the rear disc is too shallow. These are the discs I ordered...