Recent content by MeisterR

1. MeisterR

MeisterR ClubRace Coilovers: Affordable Track Focused Suspension

The DC5 ClubRace will retail at £929. This including a new set of EP3 track rod end, so there is nothing else needed. The entire setup is compete ready to bolt on out of the box. The ClubRace might be a little tail happy on the road. I would advise caution if used on the road just because that...
  2. MeisterR

MeisterR ClubRace Coilovers: Affordable Track Focused Suspension

We have been working on an "affordable" track focused setup for the EP3 / DC5 platform, and it is here... MeisterR ClubRace Coilovers. This is our first production batch so I want to get some opinion on what members think and if it is something you want MeisterR to continue offering...
  3. MeisterR

Affordable Track Focused Coilovers Concerns?

Even if you max out caster possible on the top mount, it won't be a huge amount more than if you were swapping the top mount. However, you will loose all camber adjustment ability on the top mount. We are finishing that off now, it will be 9kg/mm front and 16kg/mm rear. So this will be a rear...
  4. MeisterR

An offset caster top mount will severely reduce camber adjustment, probably not worth it. Elongated bolt hole to get 3 degree of negative camber, done. :) These are ZetaCRD spec but with much stiffer valving and springs rate. The goal is for a track focused setup for under £1,000, as it is...
  5. MeisterR

Yes, quite a bit. All the internal are different, and quite a few bit on the outside too. The GT1 uses a CNC double internal piston. This strengthen the internal and allow higher lateral load without going to an inverted design. The biggest difference is how the damper work dynamically. The...
  6. MeisterR

In order to increase caster, you would need to hide the entire top under the turret. It will make adjusting camber a absolute pain also. You could do it with inverted damper, but you are going to make to make the package at least 1" shorter. And the DC5 do not have a lot of travel to begin...
  7. MeisterR

Because of the OEM turret opening, you really can't increase caster / camber anymore than swapping the top mount around. Any other way will either require cutting the turret, or massively lost of suspension travel in order to fit the damper within the same space. The best way to increase caster...
  8. MeisterR

We at MeisterR are always listening to customers feedback and working on new ideas. A very common request we get are Affordable "Track Focused" Suspension. These will be suspension are are design for track performance and generally use sticky compound / semi-slick tyres. The springs rate are...
  9. MeisterR

Fast, but strange corner feel + torque steer

Right now with this setup, you are getting the maximum amount of camber and caster limited by the hole in the turret. The only way to gain more caster (moving the damper further back) is by cutting the turret out to make room. It is something that have been done before, just not sure if it is a...
  10. MeisterR

Just check in and saw this, good to hear. Have you done an alignment again, just wondering what is your caster now relative to what you had. In theory I can do an offset camber top mount for increase caster, but it will limit the camber adjustment range so my not be the best idea. Got a picture...
  11. MeisterR

Suspension choices?

What bad stories have you heard? Tom haven't told me anything last I talk with him also? If there are something wrong it would be great to know, but I haven't heard of any bad stories from customers or dealers. Jerrick
  12. MeisterR

Inverted tie rod end makes bump steer worst, it should be avoided. This is especially true for cars with LSD. The only thing I have heard about was getting a steering rack raiser and install it upside down. That way the entire rack get lower along with the inverted track rod end. I haven't try...
  13. MeisterR

Shocks and springs Vs coilovers

They are teflon coated so it isn't necessary. Genreally I don't put anything on it, as if dust / dirt get stuck to the oil, it will probably do damage than good. But then again, it isn't a major issue... I never really heard of pillow ball knocking because someone put oil on them. Jerrick
  14. MeisterR

Shocks and springs Vs coilovers

Just to say sometime there are residual oil trap in the damper during assembly. Not often, but does happen sometime. So when the damper start to operate and heat up, those residual oil get push out the top. They are not under pressure, shouldn't be any problem. Most leak are at the shaft seal...
  15. MeisterR

D2 Coilover spring diameter

Most suspension uses a 62mm ID springs, sometime a 63mm ID springs. Since the smallest ID springs Swift makes is 65mm, it will have to do. It will be a little loose, and I am not sure if it will cause any problem. I hear plenty of people using them, so I am going to have guess that it is okay...