Recent content by MikeH89

1. M

Vid request - Solid Fab's Super Silent

Thanks very much for the offer mate, but i'm in Bournemouth, so a fair way from you!
  2. M

Thanks for the response mate, out of interest, have you heard the Fujitsubo Power Getter? Can I find some in car footage on your build thread for the RM01a? Thanks!
  3. M

I must admit, the RM01A is definitely something I was considering, but the price difference between them and the Solid Fab's system had me wondering Thanks for your post :)
  4. M

Hi All, Does anyone have some track or driving footage with a Solid Fab's Super Silent fitted? I'm looking for a system that will give a little extra noise over OEM but without being too intrusive, people have reported the Solid Fab's system to drone a little but I don't know if that is the...
  5. M

Clutch release or input shaft bearing?

I would have thought it was the input bearing if it stops when the clutch is depressed. When the clutch is depressed, the release bearing is loaded and the gearbox input shaft is then disengaged from the drive, when you release the clutch the input shaft becomes engaged and therefore begins...
  6. M

Will these fit?

Another confirm here. Running Rota Torque 17x8 ET48 with Potenza RE070 225/45/17 and they are fine. The RE070 is a very chunky tyre too... and i'm on Meister R coilovers but not too low. There isn't bags of room on my setup though but on Showa you should be absolutely fine I would think!
  7. M

Head light restoration

This, start with 1200 if the lamps are fairly bad, then 1500, 2000, 2500 then polish with a machine and medium pad with a plastic polish or paintwork compound.
  8. M

Embarrasing Confession, anyone else willing to share...

+1 in no shame, I work in a car accessory shop and I would say close to 50% of people don't realise there is a difference between wax and polish! Including some of the staff! But now you do :xyes:
  9. M

Mugen twin loop B pipe??

Pretty sure any will mate, I believe the twin loop follows the normal Honda exhaust route but maybe someone with this actual system will confirm! Congrats on the purchase too!
  10. M

Do I have a k100

It certainly has a lower VTEC engagement as said previously. I don't know how much you know about the K100 but it's essentially a programmable EPROM that is installed into the ECU. If the changeover on VTEC is lower than factory which it is, I would suggest it's likely still in there, I don't...
  11. M

Timing chain replacement

My old EP3 started to rattle a little at 97,829 miles. Presumably because the tensioner could no longer take up the slack as the chain had stretched. I expect you'll be fine, and you'll know about it if you need to get it changed. I fitted the chain myself and to be honest, its not rocket...
  12. M

I think my car is cursed...

Really unlucky mate. Unfortunately they are extremely hard to find if you want genuine Honda ones, they have been discontinued so no longer available from the dealships. You'll only find them if you're lucky enough to stumble across a supplier who has a set left in stock. I have been trying to...
  13. M

BKR7EIX Spark Plugs

Interesting, this is what had been fitted to my DC5, might be worth pulling them out in this case.
  14. M

Wheels what fits and how they look

Great, cheers Reggie thanks for your help :)
  15. M

Wheels what fits and how they look

Can anyone confirm if 17x7.5 ET45 with a 225/45/17 will fit all round without any problems? And another choice I have is 17x8 ET48 with the same 225 tyre, but unsure if the fitment will look right with that offset. I can see people are running this size wheel but not necessarily this size...