Recent content by Mikwwt

1. M

Pulling right under vtec

posted about similar topic of pulling tonight a few months back. car is also on bc coil overs. softening them definitely improves the pull to right tendency and alignment check was ok so may n be a function of after market suspension but looks like this is not an uncommon tendency.
  2. M

pulls to right under light acceleration

Taken a long time to get to this point, thanks to all who posted, finally got alignment checked. Nothing major reported but it seems to be better now but not perfect. I'm happy enough with it as it is and I think that the after market suspension set up (good quality coilovers) may be having some...
  3. M

The tyres are not showing any sign of uneven wear and probably be the last thing I'll change as there is plenty of tread on them but it's interesting to note how sensitive these cars are to subtle changes. I also note that mine pulls to the right whereas Parry' s pulled to left. I'm not very...
  4. M

irritating rattle at 4500 to 5500 revs

Thanks for replies all,. hadn't considered clutch springs and I'll leave exploring that till last as its likely to be the most expensive. heat shields first then going to arrange with my local friendly mechanic to get car up on ramps to look from underneath if further investigation from above...
  5. M

Thanks for all these ideas. I think I will arrange a proper alignment check first. tyres themselves are not showing abnormal wear (rainsports) and on a flat straight road as long as i keep a steady speed the car runs straight and true. tap the throttle though and off it goes to the right which...
  6. M

irritating rattle at 4500 to 5500 revs

dc5 makes annoying rattle between 4500 and 5500 rpm (or maybe its just drowned out by the time it get above 5500!). sounds as though its coming from the region of the nearside engine compartment-something loose but not i think/hope any serious mechanical defect.Tried loking around while the...
  7. M

my dc5 pulls to the right under mild acceleration. I would accept a degree of torque steer under hard acceleration but this happens with a mild application of the throttle a in 6th gear at modest speeds.softening the coilovers to softest setting has eased the problem a little. Its sufficient for...
  8. M

Power steering pump dc5, alternatives?

Thanks 2ndy, have now fitted new pump as you recommended. It's clearly a lot cheaper than an original one but hopefully will hold up ok.
  9. M

Thanks for that link, do you or anyone else have experience of fitting one of these to a dc5?
  10. M

Power steering pump,has failed on 2002 dc5. I've been quoted £340 for refurbishing it which seems a bit steep. Does anyone know if a pump,off another car fits? I notice on eBay that one seller is claiming a pump for a merc T1 2.4 will fit ( but when you look at the site its for integra with...