Recent content by MJ Type-R

1. M

Dunlop DZ03G

Hi I've not used them myself... However, they are considered by many in the racing field, who have to run MSA List 1B tyres to be the best you can run on!! I know of many Honda's in one race series, were they all run on these tyres ! If they are now cheaper than R888 & A048's.... then that...
  2. M

DC5 For Circuit car

I'm not going to get into a public debate.... Just stating, and it's fact, converting a EK4/9 or DC2 into a 'good' competitive race car.. is far easier, and cheaper ;) Mike
  3. M

DC5 For Circuit car

Hummmmmmmmm there are lots of issues with the DC5... especially if you want a 'good' race car !! it's an expensive process to solve all the issues... I'm doing it, never again! If I had my time again... I'd made a EK4/9 into a race car... better chassis, suspension system etc etc... and will...
  4. M

Who's had their DC5 the longest?

I think I maybe close to the top in ownership terms... but mines be on and off the road more times than I care to mention :D Think I'm upto 7 years now 8) Mike
  5. M

Enkei RPF1's

Out of interest... how did you calc the import tax ?? That's a fair bit cheaper than I'd thought.... my race car builder needs to tell me what size, rim width & offset I need :) ( I hope we can squeeze 16's on, with the brake setup they are making :green: ) Mike
  6. M

Enkei RPF1's

This place sells them: http://www.performancealloys.com/Enkei_Alloy_Wheels.asp I've been in touch with them... they can get hold of them very fast if not in stock. You can also find a few USA Ebay co's that hold these... and they will ship to the UK... but with tax and import duty, not sure...
  7. M

Driver side window has packed up!

Wish I'd seen this earlier.... I have these sitting in my race support van !! Mike
  8. M

Disc recommendations??

For all: Dixon, DMS etc Are no longer Authorised Traders on this forum. Dixon therefore is not allowed to advertise the products or services that he / they offer. If you wish to deal with Dixon, or Dixon wants to offer one of his products, the communication must be done in private i.e. via...
  9. M

most powerfull na car on here ??

" I have moved some posts about... so that this remains on Topic " Paul - No more adverts in this post please. Mike
  10. M

Brakes Question

Just to reply to those that have asked about my 'race' car, it will happen in 2010... when not 100% confirmed... Hoping testing can start mid year ;) Mike
  11. M

Brakes Question

So... it's looks your after then ? An alternative, rather than a full blown set-up, which work very well by all acounts, is the Bell / Disc Combo that Paul G sells on here..... yes, they are expensive, but not the cost of a full system though. Also... if you are prepared to wait, the peeps...
  12. M

REPAIR ADVICE TYPE R CRANKSHAFT

I think you have been told a Lie :!: If you are concerned still, have another place check the car over. If you let members know where you are... I'm sure 'one' of them / us, will recommend a place to go. Mike
  13. M

most powerfull na car on here ??

Paul.... This is a little miss leading :!: I think the ETCC cars have a max CC of 2.0L.... I understand your time attack car... is over this :? Therefore, the JAS cars are making 300hp from 2.0L format 8) .... slightly more than your 2.0L builds I think... or is this now wrong :?: Mike
  14. M

Brakes Question

Hello I can see what your trying to acheive.... I can't help for sure.... but what you need to check is the OEM part drawings ! I couldn't say if the RSX shared the same front struts and front knuckle with the DC5-R, as these will effect the positioning of the calipers etc. Knowing a...
  15. M

Brakes Question

I think the simple anwser is No. The fronts are a different size, and the RSX does not have factory fit Brembo's. The rears, might be... but you would need to check. Mike