Recent content by MrHanky

1. M

Yay!!! Got my DC5 after waiting for over a month!

It's not quite a beast, but I do quite like the little car, and I love the fuel economy for the commute. Unfortunately it will probably be a few years before I get anything fun to drive again :( Seeing as my wife is not going back to work until our youngest goes school in 3 years. So for now...
  2. M

Yay!!! Got my DC5 after waiting for over a month!

Glad you are happy Jim, and once again sorry for delay. Basically we started changing plate from DC5 to my wifes new car a few weeks before I sold it to Jim. Due to DVLA being immensely slow we had to start from beginning 2 weeks after initially sending documents due to V5 changing for my...
  3. M

what are dc5's like to live with?

Hi and welcome, I have had mine for just over 2 years now, have took it on annual holidays with our first kid, and use it from time to time with both our kids now. It is a very good all round car. Loads of space in it, and very comfortable for longer journeys. I currently do 500+ miles a...
  4. M

Looks like I will be selling the DC5 :(

Right then the parts are coming off next weekend, and the car will be back to standard (except for the wheels). Unfortunately for some vultures, a few of the parts are already taken by a friend of mine (Kpro, RBC and Toda). So the only bits left will be the wing, kakimoto exhaust, mugen strut...
  5. M

Yep it will be good for the kids. Lol at the vulturing :D I will let you know if I do split the parts. Thanks Mark
  6. M

Don't worry you haven't missed it yet. If it does go up for sale, I will post the price and let all those who have shown an interest know. Just going to go research the cost for individual mods now. Thanks Mark
  7. M

I took a quick side profile picture, but will get a load more pictures up when the car actually goes up for sale. Thanks Mark
  8. M

Lol, thats the exhaust, manifold and Kpro pretty much gone, and I doubt it will be long before someone asks for the Gruppe M :D
  9. M

Yep I know it will make me a bit more money that way, it's just waying up the time and money to change things back. The vultures are already circling ;) Thanks Mark
  10. M

I will get a few pictures sorted for you tonight. I am going to try and sell the car as is for 1 week as I have someone interested at the minute. If I can get an ok price for it without having to take everything off then great. If not, then I will get it booked in to TGM to put it back to...
  11. M

Thanks for the information people. It is a shame that I am selling as it has been a brilliant car, but it will be nice (for my wife at least) to spend a few years having quality time with the kids. I think I will get the mods off ASAP and get it up for sale. I just need to find the time to...
  12. M

After discussing things with my wife (who has just been made redundant), I am thinking now is the time to get our finances sorted. She is taking 3 years off work to look after the kids whilst they are young, so we are both selling our cars (she has a VRS). I do about 106 miles a day to get to...
  13. M

Silicone Induction hose

I have no idea as to whether or not it can withstand more pressure. The OEM one is just prone to splitting open due to its design and certain weak points. I bought my Samco one from the following Ebay member 'amberper'. It took a while to arrive as it is ordered from manufacturer but it...
  14. M

Running a Teg with a baby

As mentioned above, the DC5 is a very useable car for the family. Have had ours for 2 years now. I have a 5 year old and 9 month old baby, an whilst at the moment we mainly use the VRS as the family car, we do sometimes go out in the Teg as a family with no problems. The Teg was our family...
  15. M

Anyone ordered from Vtecdirect recently?

Thanks very much Andy :D Mark