Recent content by "omadc5"

1. O

Acura rsx headlights

Yes I know it would fail because of beam angle, but I'm wondering can it be altered? Not sure if any other type of bulb will fit the dc5 ones. I have a new set of acura rsx headlights I bought cheap about 10 years ago the last time I had a dc5 with the intention of swapping the glass part to...
  2. O

Acura rsx headlights

Hi folks, is it possible to make the acura rsx headlights work in the dc5? With them being designed for left hand drive can the beam be adjusted? My thinking is swapping out the hid and balasts (which has stopped working on mine) and converting to a regular bulb type with a good quality led...
  3. O

Have i the right air scoop??

Hi folks, I've a Tegwia type carbon airbox system that came with the car but to me the scoop doesn't seem to clear the bonnet enough, maybe it's right or do i have the wrong one? Check pics below Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  4. O

Refitted idle control valve now revs high

Problem solved, the idle assist has also been removed and wasn't blanked of properly causing a vacuum leak. Sealed it up and idles perfect now. I don't understand how it idled ok when the idle control valve was removed, but all's good now anyway lol Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  5. O

Refitted idle control valve now revs high

My car came with no idle control valve and was disabled via kpro. Got a 2nd hand 1 and cleaned it up and put it on today, now my revs sit too high, about 1700, thought once it warmed up it might settle again but didn't. Do I need to activate it again it kpro? How any guide how? I had it plugged...
  6. O

Wheel colour choice - black DC5

I like the original look. Thinking of painting them charcoal or black Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  7. O

Acura RSX Dials/Cluster

Did you get an rsx cluster in the end? Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  8. O

Acura rsx cluster

What's the difference in the Canadian one? Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  9. O

Acura rsx cluster

Anyone fitted one of these or know if they plug straight in? I live in northern ireland and the speedo must read both miles n km and I've also heard that in some cases still failing cars on both speeds not illuminating when lights are on. My test is due in march so im just thinking ahead incase...
  10. O

No idle control valve

If I was to refit it again would I need to refit the air assist part on the inlet manifold too? Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  11. O

Ep3 engine and gearbox in my dc5!!!

Mfactory lsd fitted now plus makeing 243bhp on dyno so happy with that [emoji16] Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  12. O

No idle control valve

As above, recently bought car which has hondata kpro with idle control valve turned off and removed. Can anyone tell me why would someone do this? Car idles perfect when warm but seems v low when cold Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  13. O

243bhp dyno run good gains??

Pulls like a train lol. Has really brought the car to life, even sounds different, great roar when approaching 8000 revs [emoji7] Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  14. O

243bhp dyno run good gains??

Hi folks, recently got mine remapped and dynoed with typetwo here in northern ireland. Mods are; Hondata kpro v4 Rbc inlet Tegwia carbon fibre airbox Dc sports decat manifold Stainless steel Fujitsubo b pipe and back box Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
  15. O

Dc sports manifold rubbing anti roll bar

Can anyone tell me what this anti roll bar is off? I bought it 2nd hand advertised for the dc5 but it's the same as the one currently on the car. But I noticed it when I had the car jacked up it only touches the manifold when the wheels are off the ground, when the weights back on the wheels it...