Recent content by oregato

1. O

stickers for side panels

+ 1 for Tegiwa. I have theirs on mine and to be honest I don't think anyone can really tell the difference. As for the price, in Ireland, it's 35 PER STICKER from Honda + VAT, they're only 35 all in for TWO from Tegiwa.
  2. O

Found a rolling road / dyno near my house! delighted!

Hi Larz, like myself, you're probably part of other irish forums, have a look and see if there are any rolling road days coming up, you should get a discount if you do it in a large group. Or, have a search on the forums and see if there have been any days done in the past and the cost per...
  3. O

Ipad2 or ?

There are different apps out there that will allow you to connect your device to a windows PC using rdc or vnc. I use splash top on the iPad Great app
  4. O

Ipad2 or ?

Have an iPad first gen here, great piece of kit and does me for what I need it for. Thing about these tablets is, when you get them, I don't think you really know why you get them, but you will always find a way to utilise it or incorporate it into your daily routine. For me, it's completely...
  5. O

shock at the cheapness of 01 dc5's

Bought mine over a year ago for around €12k it was spotless and a fresh import. Any car could have been ragged by the old owner, it's always a risk when you buy any of these cars. I know a fella that gives his M3 full beans in the morning as soon as he leaves his house, madness :shock: As...
  6. O

Pollen Filters

Or, like me, you'll find none in there, but the trays of where they are ment to sit!
  7. O

suspension explained

Great post C & S, very useful info!
  8. O

Pollen Filters

Decided today while working on the car to check the pollen filter in the DC5. To my surprise, I found that there were none in my car!! :o Anyway, decided to head down to the local motor factors with the trays and see if I could find a match. Turns out that they're the same ones as found in...
  9. O

DRE Shift Light - A Short Review

Hi guys, Just thought I'd share my experiences with the DRE shift light. I know it won't be to some peoples tastes but hey, each to their own and all that. Purchased it off caraddiction.co.uk via eBay for £80 quid. Very good customer service and really nice people to deal with, after...
  10. O

Removing the ECU

Think it was a joke lol.
  11. O

Vibration/noise at 4500 rpm - sometimes....

OEM mounts from Honda are expensive (I was quoted a lot of money for them here in Ireland anyway) I have uprated RS mounts on mine, there is increased cabin vibration, however, there are no rattles. Find the cause of the rattle and go from there.
  12. O

Vibration/noise at 4500 rpm - sometimes....

Get the car up on a ramp and check for the engine mounts. Normally, a vibration/rattly noise when driving is caused due to one of the heat sheilds underneath. The iVtec cover may rattle as well. As for engine mounts, if you have uprated engine mounts, these would tend to shake the car more...
  13. O

How to put on new type R decals??

Use a dab of petrol, it works wonders, after you use the petrol, clear the area with warm soapy water and then dunce. Let dry and apply new decal.
  14. O

Name and Shame - Carretrofit.co.uk

I will always only go to people off recommendations. Same with my alarm. There are some cowboys out there
  15. O

anyone used this shift light

Cheers man, that is perfect, pic would be great as well. Will probably get one tonight when I get home, I presume the one in the op works in the same way?