Recent content by PeteMTBer

1. PeteMTBer

Tyre advise/ don't want to scrub

Just whip a wheel off to check the offset. Its worth checking if it would save you money going for the re070.
  2. PeteMTBer

Toyo or bridgestone?

Cumbrian weather has a habbit of being cold and very wet. Really looking forward to getting these tyres on, get booked in for not and ready for some intermittent sunshine!
  3. PeteMTBer

Toyo or bridgestone?

I'd been looking at tyres for a while as my Pirelli PZero Nero's were approaching the limit. Couldn't decide between the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical 3 or the Bridgestone Potenza RE070. Today I just bit the bullet and ordered the RE070s. Hope they're as good as everyone says, and not...
  4. PeteMTBer

its a write off!

Their insurance company will push you to settle the claim, but don't back down! You know what it would cost to replace. They may not even have a dc5 on their system and are using dc2 figures. You are also entitled to ask for it to be repaired. Probably not the best thing to do as being a cat c...
  5. PeteMTBer

Pioneer SPH-DA120

I just recently picked up an SPH-DA110 second hand for a great price and had just been using the Bluetooth audio and radio. This weekend I bought an mhl to hdmi adapter and have just started playing around with it with my htc one m7. I might have to ask you a few questions once I get to grips...
  6. PeteMTBer

clutch kits

Personally I'd go for an oem clutch from www.coxmotorparts.co.uk Mine arrived in less that 24hours, which is impressive!
  7. PeteMTBer

Moving from a jdm dc2 to.........? what next?

The DC5 only weighs 80kg more than a JDM '98 spec DC2. I think this is usually forgotten. Dc5 has 183.9 bhp per tonne whereas the Dc2 has 179.1 bhp per tonne and then there's the extra torque.
  8. PeteMTBer

Change Interior Bulbs Without Honda

Mine blew within the first year of ownership and due to cost bought some LEDs from ebay for about £4 to replace them. LED's are less likely to blow. I'm now 4 years on and no problems. Something to take into account is that the LEDs are brighter, and if you use the dimmer control they do not...
  9. PeteMTBer

Cox Motor Parts - 5% Discount negotiated

Not long since I bought an Oem clutch from these guys. It arrived in less than 24hours! How? I don't know. Great service!
  10. PeteMTBer

New Clutch Required

That's good to know dotty. How long do you recommend?
  11. PeteMTBer

New Clutch Required

I just picked my car up tonight after getting new OEM clutch. All I can say is, why did I not do it sooner! Clutch pedal is super light and I can now change gear with 1 finger. Even from cold it just slid into 2nd like a hot knife through butter. Got to rack up 500 miles of normal driving now...
  12. PeteMTBer

Any DC5 owners in Carlisle?

Glad its on its way to getting sorted. We should sort out a mini meet in the area.
  13. PeteMTBer

DIY for electric folding mirrors to open with unlock

I think it would be better on ignition start/stop rather than unlock/lock. It would do my head in if I was just nipping out to the car to get something, or loading the car up.
  14. PeteMTBer

Any DC5 owners in Carlisle?

I'm just outside Carlisle mate. Didn't realize there were others around here. Give me a shout and ill happily let you have a look. I may need to wash it first, its a dirty beast at the mo.
  15. PeteMTBer

Speedometer not working!

I had this problem also. I removed the speed converter and ran it for a tank worth and it was fine in km. I then put the converter back in and all has been fine since. Must have done 2000 miles since putting it back. I put it down to water, as a friend of mine was a bit trigger happy with the...