Recent content by Peter D

1. Peter D

unichip

Dont think they work well at all with the K20s iVTEC, so ive heard
  2. Peter D

unichip

Yeah man i know, if you read what i said i said i know it doesnt engage when just cruising along, same as every other VTEC What i mean is if you put the foot down to pick up speed you will be in VTEC at just 3500rpm and guzzling fuel.. Id rather just change down a gear if i needed to be in VTEC...
  3. Peter D

unichip

"Etc"...lol
  4. Peter D

unichip

Youre clutching at straws here trying to get me back :P Sorry if what i said has seemed to upset you but you were giving wrong advice on a Unichip without actually knowing what they do
  5. Peter D

unichip

I mean part throttle on mine at 6k+, i have never been in a car that has VTEC at 3500 so i couldnt comment on that could i
  6. Peter D

unichip

I didnt say part throttle in 6th gear at 70mph, i said when you put the foot down, ie; WOT Although i think he meant to type 4500 instead of 3500 As for comparing graphs, well...everyone does it and it gives you a rough idea
  7. Peter D

unichip

Just noticed isnt it 4500 rpm that guys VTEC is set at? Power seems to come in then, maybe it was a typing error If not though ive just had a look at your wheel power compared to mine and from 3000 rpm to 4500 my car with the Dastek is actually making more power at the wheels than his graph
  8. Peter D

unichip

I know that if you are just cruising at 70mph it wont be in VTEC, but even at part throttle you can hear it engaging. What i mean is if youre in 6th gear at 70mph and you put the foot down to speed up a bit, you are in VTEC and according to his graph he is making around 93bhp at 3500, yet on...
  9. Peter D

unichip

Yeah i know what you mean pal but the way i see it is...if i wanna drive flat out like 1/4 mile, ill take off from a standing start and it wheelspins straight into VTEC and from then on im never below 6k rpm Or if i need to overtake i just select the right gear and im straight in VTEC and never...
  10. Peter D

unichip

No it revs to the same as it did before And VTEC engage point stays the same
  11. Peter D

unichip

Of course it is more suited yeah but bhp/£ the Unichip is better.. Just as a rough guide, how much is a brand new Kpro ECU? How much would fitting cost? How much would it cost for mapping? The Dastek Unichip was £495 for all that.. Not sure what version mine is Jonny i just booked mine to get...
  12. Peter D

unichip

Here is the graph showing the test between Kpro and Unichip...with both of them overlaid onto the same graph They are very close, the only real difference being at 5500RPM when the lowered VTEC point on the Kpro engages
  13. Peter D

unichip

^ A Unichip isn't just a plug and play chip, you're thinking of the likes of a "Superchip".. A piggyback ECU requires a remap, it just, as it says, "piggybacks" onto the standard ECU and over-rides the settings I have a Dastek Unichip on mine, cost me £495 supplied, fitted, and mapped to the...
  14. Peter D

unichip

You obviously dont have a clue what youre talking about
  15. Peter D

How bad (or good) could this possibly be?

I'd be a bit worried if you hadn't had a curry costing less than £70! TBH it will probably do the job fine, and is definately a bargain...but you will end up getting stung on import fees when you recieve it Shipping stuff from America seems cheap but once you pay the duty on it it aint so...