Recent content by Petrolhead

1. P

0 - 60 Time

I take it you just got the S's time from the Honda UK site... Well if you have you've just made the mistake like the magazines that we've all been taking about.. The 6.2 is to 62mph as Honda quoted NOT 60. 6.2 to 62 equates to about 5.8/5.9 to 60mph. I would say that sounds about right.
  2. P

2nd Gear Synchro

Just to update everyone with the 2nd gear issue and update my post. Its been mentioned on the CTR forum that Honda have recognised an issue with the 2nd gear synchros and are issueing a statement in the next couple of months with a remedy i beleive, so i will almost certainly get my CTR looked...
  3. P

0 - 60 Time

It is true what you say about magazines miss printing and putting 0-62s as 0-60s. The 01 CTRs 0-60 was officially quoted as 6.4, so i reckon the DC5s 0-60 could well be 5.8.. Watch out though... run in CTRs having been clocked at 5.9 - 60 and mid to high 15's to 100 :wink:
  4. P

NEWS BREAKING .UK 06 MY launch includes EC5

Hmmmmm... :? I don't see why Honda would even bring the mkII DC5 over here in 2006 :? as the whole UK range gets its new make over/new generation released that year. So even the newly released mkII CTR will be the "old model".
  5. P

A couple of CTR questions:)

A CUP V CTR is purely down to who puts the foot on the pedal first.. They are so evenly matched...... UNTIL you get to 100 or so and the CTR will pull away. As most clio owners would agree having been on the Clio forum before. You having beaten 4 or 5 CTRs IS believable as they are so evenly...
  6. P

Spikerules Thats the Cooper S with the £3000 or £5000 (respectively) Hartage kit/Works etc added on. They don't sell many with those added on for that price. Your looking at about £25k for a Cooper S to beat a CTR Oh and dont be suprised if the CTR STILL beats it to 100mph.. The CTR...
  7. P

My 1/4 mile oops

You should do better than a 14.7.. One of the lads on the UK CTR forum in standard form has achieved a 14.7 or 14.6. Punching out 220psi i reckon your DC5s should be knocking on the door of 14.1 or so
  8. P

I currently drive a UK CTR and have had a tinker against a Cooper S (on a private road) and can confirm that the CTR will leave it quite easily. I think one of the tuned ones may put up a better fight, but standard to standard, the CTR really whoops the Cooper S especially when your getting...
  9. P

2nd Gear Synchro

Just to put all your minds at rest, currently owning a CTR i have spent the past couple of years on the CTR web site etc. And the 2nd crunchyness when cold is a characteristic of the gearbox but is othing to worry about. Mine does it, and is especialy tough when a frosty morning. Many people...
  10. P

General help

Thanks Adz, I spoke directly to Ian at Litchfield imports before, and he says that all his motors are grade 4 and above. He says that i will be able to get a nice DC5 thats a 4.5 auction grade for my budget. He also mentioned 2 year Honda care warranties too. A pretty helpful bloke, and...
  11. P

General help

Thanks for that advice Adz. I suspected as much with the crash repair jobs. I don't mind one that has nearer 20k on the clock and pay a bit less as opposed to your 12k one for a bit more, as my budget is knocking around the £15.5 ish margin. How did you get Honda to check it over? Because...
  12. P

General help

Apart from the keeping an eye on the oil (which you have to do with the CTR), are there any issues which keep cropping up with the imports? Are there any other stories? Did all you owners when shopping about come across a lot of "hounds", or were they all generally really nice well maintained...
  13. P

General help

Did do! I had to phone up because 1.8 was the only one on the system. Spoke to a guy who then realised that the 2.0 litre import was not on the web so passed me over to another underwriter who then offered me the 10% discount for the import not being on the normal system. They say i have to...
  14. P

General help

Great news!! Having checked Tesco insurance as someone suggested, I spoke to them in person and they have offered me fully comp insurance for £1200! Sorted! DC5 ahoy! Just going to get next this month out of the way and plod on to get one! My mind is set!
  15. P

General help

Thanks everyone. Not sure how far i can take it though after checking insurance. I'm currently with Direct Line paying £850 fully comp for my CTR and i'm 23 with 5 years NCB. I got quoted on a DC2 teg at £890 and they wont touch me on a DC5 as its import :?