Recent content by Ricky11

1. Ricky11

Trackday Tyres

Id avoid R888's the overall grip fades pretty quickly on a trackday and youll feel unimpressed given the price they are. If buying new Dunlop Direzza 03G would be my choice the overall grip is amazing and they didnt drop off much and the life span was pretty impressive. Spending £700 on a set...
  2. Ricky11

Platted Diff

Thats good positive news which is what i wanted to hear! It was on the Christmas list as a maybe item but now might be a definite item. Thanks for your comments Sam xthumbup
  3. Ricky11

Platted Diff

Going from previous experience the Clio Cup that had such a vicious platted diff, it had to be rebuilt every 6 months with the pre load re-calibrated to keep it at its most effectiveness. I guess its more tailored to motorsport than a road/track car. I don't have much knowledge on the MFactory...
  4. Ricky11

Platted Diff

Thanks for replying with your thought Sam, Today I have learnt about the different oil's to use in the box, using general Honda MTF3 with friction modifier is a new one that's why i asked about the servicing on them. I think accelerating with steering lock on is just something to get used and...
  5. Ricky11

Platted Diff

Hi all, Need some feedback from the DC5 community who have had experience with platted diffs. So Im planning on buying an Mfactory plated diff for my DC5, its a road car but i do a number of trackdays and its got to the point where the car really needs a proper platted diff in it. Now i will...
  6. Ricky11

Ruined cars

My car came over from japan with Blitz ZZR coilovers as well! I have not known anyone who runs them as the majority use all the common brands like yellow speed, Tein ect.... I think there good, would really benefit from a refurb as god knows when there were last serviced, they retail for an...
  7. Ricky11

Lazy guide to cleaning Recaro's- Woolite does it work?

Thanks! I think its done well for £4 hasn't broke the bank, give it a try on your black Recaro's it might surprise you like it did with me.
  8. Ricky11

Meguiars 2 step headlight restoration kit review

Thanks man! not bad for a 20min job. It really needs a machine polish to really bring them back to life but I'm happy with them so far xthumbup
  9. Ricky11

Meguiars 2 step headlight restoration kit review

The Meguiars 2 step headlight restoration kit...... Iv had this kit at home for over 1 year now so I thought id attempt to see if it actually does anything. You can find it in halford for around £20 and its aimed for people who don't have a polish machine and result to an old fashioned hand...
  10. Ricky11

Lazy guide to cleaning Recaro's- Woolite does it work?

So on Facebook the other day the stats showed the forum is getting less and less views and use, so Iv decided to do a little how to on cleaning seats. Right so my Recaro's were pristine when I got them from Torque GT and throughout my ownership they have dirt all on the bolsters and have a...
  11. Ricky11

Mimms - Rockingham 22nd Jul

Engine oil changed, Gearbox oil changed, Bucket seats in, Harness in, Tyres on, Ready for tomorrow :xgrin:
  12. Ricky11

As in theres going to be a big queue into the circuit.
  13. Ricky11

im aiming to get there for 7:45am as sign on is at 8am. I expect theres going to be a big line getting into the circuit so get there with time to spare
  14. Ricky11

1. Richie - PAID 2. Mbk 3. Ricky 11 - PAID 4. Cameron1589 - PAID 5. Ep3kamal 6. Katie_JDM - PAID 7. Chris Ballinger - PAID 8. Abdul Kamal - PAID 9. Amy Lynes - PAID 10. Catherine Smith