Recent content by s_barker@hotmail.co.uk

1. S

ST225 to dc5

Another thing worth noting is your build and height. The seats in these cars can be very snug if you need to lose a few pounds. I'm tall and had to fit spoon seat rails which if I remember correctly lower the seat about 50mm and were hard to find. I then had to fit a small steering wheel and...
  2. S

ST225 to dc5

I've owned both. The dc5 had a full suspension setup coilovers, polly bushed and I found everyday driving was just to much. The focus st felt alot better having torque and comfort but i guess it depends what your plans are with the car. The dc5 was an amazing fun car but only when the roads...
  3. S

Lying up longer than expected, advice needed...

After 6 months all I would do is turn the key.
  4. S

DC5 Prices 2021 & onwards

I stupidly sold my integra last year and as soon as the boy got it down the road it went back up for sale for 4k more. I got 8k for it as I come down in price with covid being around and people losing their jobs plus it was due an mot and service which I was going to do but that was negotiated...
  5. S

Sold car back up for sale

I was looking for 9k for it and was planning on getting the car through an mot and servicing the car. The m3 was due to arrive on the same day the guy was looking to buy it which meant I wouldn't need to take out 2 insurance policies although it was only an extra £240 to insure the m3 on top...
  6. S

Sold car back up for sale

Well I sold my integra just 2 weeks ago and it's now up for sale at 4k more. Question is did I under sell it or get the right price? The car was due a service and mot had a bit of laquer peel on the bumper and a bird poop stain on the bonnet. However sort put these little nigles and it would be...
  7. S

ARC intake

Do you know of any k&n or other brands that fit or am I best just going for arc? I've read that some evo owners use k&n filters in their arc kits
  8. S

ARC intake

I've currently got a solid fab 3" cat back and the arc. Was gonna put a mani on but think I'll just leave the standard one on instead to keep me legal. Next it'll be a k100 and that's all its getting although I did have my eyes on a rotrex supercharger the other day
  9. S

ARC intake

I'm not to bothered what filters it has. Was just after the box itself also thought it would have been louder than what it was but to be honest I'm kinda happy it isn't as it's better for every day driving. As @wocka says it's more grown up. I had the mugen kit before the tegiwa and that was to...
  10. S

ARC intake

Just done my first trip to work this morning up the motorway and it's defo much quieter going along the motorway. I just put the noise down to the sound of the exhaust but the tegiwa must have been making more noise than I thought. Also at the top end of the revs the arc doesn't feel as eager as...
  11. S

ARC intake

Well that's been my first run out with the arc fitted and personally I don't think it sounds no where near as good as the tegiwa. However I am dailying driving and it is alot quiter which is good as the tegiwa was a bit on the loud side. Another positive is there are 0 rattles now which is a...
  12. S

ARC intake

I'll see what I can do with cleaning the filters but think I'd like to just buy new ones. @wocka do you still sell those brackets and fittings? Or have templates
  13. S

ARC intake

Hi guys I've just bought an arc intake off eBay and was just wondering where's the best place to buy new filters. Says it's for an ep3 but I think from what I've read these kits were desgined for a dc5 but fit the ep3's however if not fitted with a spacer they can crack. Well this one has a...