Recent content by skipper

1. S

5,000 miles honda DC5 help advice needed!

Well, if this is a genuine scenario, then you really need to advise what you paid for it, as the course of action one might take if it owed them £5K (for example) is very different to that which you'd be forced to take if you bought it very 'wrong' in the first place. Well below market value...
  2. S

DC5 query on data check

Yes, it is a FL car, which I'm not quite as keen on, but at the end of the day, condition is most important to me. The only thing that troubles me with this example, is the rear wing has been painted in the past, not very well, and I'm not sure if its a new wing or a repaired original. This...
  3. S

DC5 query on data check

Just typing as you posted! Yes, done a little more digging, and it appears that its an ABA-DC5 not an LA, and there are both Type S and Type R quoted for this body code, the Type S with auto tranny (AT?). That may be why the CarVX report is intially showing Type S, as its just pulling the top...
  4. S

DC5 query on data check

Thanks for the link. Little confused though as going with the LA-DC5 body code, you get three different results, showing the chassis no. ranges, and the one I'm looking at falls outside even the highest range specified ( 2100001 - 2199999 )...???
  5. S

DC5 query on data check

Interesting... not quite sure what to make of that!
  6. S

DC5 query on data check

Evening all, just inputted a chassis number of a DC5 Type R I'm looking at into CarVX, with a view to paying the 3500yen for a full data check. The initial model summary that came up for it says 'Model - Integra', 'Grade - Type S'???? Are they all listed as Type S just because its the same...
  7. S

Selling a high miler - tips

I'm currently in the market for a DC5, and looked at your ad. I don't think mileage has anything to do with it, as others have said. It's a Honda for f**ks sake! Just about run in now. However, there are a few little things that I think you could do fairly easily / cheaply that would present...
  8. S

Kpro fitted now rev hunting bewteen idle and 200p rpm

As your fella is a proper hondata dealer, why not just take it back to him to sort out? That's what I'd do (assuming problem wasn't there before hand).
  9. S

DC5 hunt continues...

Cheers. I'll bear that in mind.
  10. S

*** NEW DC5 OWNER ***

I found the exact same problem. Despite having had two Caterhams, an E46 M3 and driving various 400hp+ cars pretty much daily in the course of my work, I couldn't get quoted on a 220hp DC5... Only people that quoted me so far are Adrian Flux, will try brentacre tomorrow.
  11. S

DC5 hunt continues...

Won't be requesting one of those then...
  12. S

DC5 hunt continues...

Congratulations! I bet you're well excited now its about to drop, so to speak! Interesting it was that quick from pressing the button to securing a vehicle. I thought you were looking at many weeks, or even months, but I guess its pot luck with something like this. You also highlight my other...
  13. S

DC5 hunt continues...

That's a very good point, certainly worth ascertaining at point of enquiry - if only they were all like that!
  14. S

DC5 hunt continues...

Thanks Wocka, will drop you a pm. Rear wiper just looks a bit like an afterthought to me, think it detracts from the clean lines at the rear. Always used to use rain-x on my bike visor, worked well, guess I'd coat the glass with that and be done with it (well, couple of times a month maybe...)...
  15. S

DC5 hunt continues...

Hi all, new member here. Been on the look out for a nice PFL DC5 for a little while now, having decided it ticks most of the boxes, and having ruled out the Fiesta ST and the E82 335i. Basically wanted something as close to my old Caterham as possible, but with a roof and four seats. Think the...