Recent content by spannermonkey

1. spannermonkey

Driveablillty of SC over N/A

Thanks for such a detailed reply, muchly appreciated! That's that then. Someone just needs to sell me a JRSC! Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  2. spannermonkey

Getting hold of a JRSC to fit a DC5 is the problem :( Yes it is indeed me :xredface:
  3. spannermonkey

Hi, i'm looking at my options for more power and am considering a Rotrex SC setup. I've had a turbo Honda in the past and didn't like it, as i found it took away from the Honda feel. I love N/A on track as i feel you make the car really work. How does a SC compared to a N/A, particularly on...
  4. spannermonkey

Mimms Rockingham, anyone going?

Anyone going to the Mimms Rockingham day? I've got the 9:00-9:30 and 12:30- 13:00 sessions
  5. spannermonkey

Snetterton 300 Wednesday 22/07/2015

Have you boys got any more track days planned? A friend of mine was in my old DC2 with the red SD cage. Said you where a good bunch :)
  6. spannermonkey

Nordschliefe spring rate

Haha ok mate, let me know if you change your mind in the next week or so :) Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  7. spannermonkey

Nordschliefe spring rate

Or are you thinking of joining me up there? [emoji14] Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  8. spannermonkey

Nordschliefe spring rate

Ok thanks for the input guys. I think 8kg would suit better, but mine sould be fine, I'm not seating any lap records! Im going on the 8th of August, with the intention of buying 9 laps funnily enough! Drop me a pm with a price mate Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  9. spannermonkey

Nordschliefe spring rate

Hi, i've got a trip to the 'ring in a few weeks but i'm slightly concerned that my Buddyclub racing spec coilovers might be too stiff for it. As far as i am aware they are 10kg front 16kg rear. Would you say this is too stiff? Only reason i ask, is that on a B-road thrash, i sometimes loose...
  10. spannermonkey

Federal 595 RSR vs Bridgestone Re070

Ive always had federals on my track/Road car. my DC5 came with near new re070's. The way i see it : Re070: fantastic all rounder Road track and wet. Looks the best and brilliant value. Federals: Better for road/ track. Much softer compound. (also only start with 5mm) doesn't look as good...
  11. spannermonkey

Ep3 japspeed mani fit dc5?

Yup, they fit with no issues. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
  12. spannermonkey

Ok thanks for your input mate :) Thats what i suspected really. I think the RE070 is a fantastic road tyre, but road tyres will never compare to track day tyres. As pathetic as it sounds, i do love the look of the RE070 tread pattern. With a couple of track days and a trip to the ring on the...
  13. spannermonkey

Just a quick one. Over the last few years i've used Ferderal RSR's for road/ trackdays and highly rated them. However when i purchased my DC5 it came with RE070's. I absolutely love the look of the tread on the Bridgestones, and they do seem to grip well on the road. How would they compare...
  14. spannermonkey

Nordshleife lap

I completely agree with regards to the flywheel. The stock flywheel is extremely light and Honda spent a lot of time and money matching in development . The money could be spent better elsewhere
  15. spannermonkey

Changed Gearbox Oil, Is this Normal???

As worrying as it looks, that's perfectly normal mate. :)