Recent content by Spetz

1. S

Locking the hatch without a battery?

Thanks for that. Seems unnecessarily difficult but I'll give it a go
  2. S

Locking the hatch without a battery?

Hi guys, Just wondering how I could lock the rear hatch of a DC5 if the car battery is not installed in it? I could not find a keyhole on the hatch lid.
  3. S

EP3R Front ARB, which rear ARB to use?

Will the car balance be out with the standard 22mm rear swaybar if you know? I'd prefer to keep things stock unless I need to go aftermarket in most instances
  4. S

EP3R Front ARB, which rear ARB to use?

Hi guys, I am installing a front EP3R 25.4mm ARB for exhaust clearance. Will this create understeer with the standard DC5R 22mm rear ARB? If so, what is the suggested rear ARB to use to balance things out again?
  5. S

DC5 shifter linkage differences?

Hi everyone, I need the shifter assembly and shifter linkages for an AUDM delivered DC5R. Can anyone tell me whether these are any different between other models, including 5 speed manual cars and the facelifted DC5S? As some parts command a premium if they come from a Type R but if they are...
  6. S

K24 swap - Ancillaries?

Thanks for that Justin. Yes I do plan on swapping that out and most likely will do an engine rebuild, just trying to figure out a roadmap for it currently so I can start following it. I have a damaged K20A engine which will be the donor for most of these parts but the K24 I have has about...
  7. S

K24 swap - Ancillaries?

I should mention that this is an AUDM Type R shell and the K24A3, which is the same as the USDM K24A2.
  8. S

K24 swap - Ancillaries?

Hi everyone, I bought a DC5R shell which I plan to restore. I will be doing a K24/20 build, but wondering which power steering, AC compressor and alternator to use. Do these have to be from the DC5R or can they be from the K24 donor car (in my case the K24 bottom end is from a CL9).