Recent content by SPIT_FIRE

1. SPIT_FIRE

Arc intake box

I had one on mine best mod i did, apart from maybe FRSU. Throttle response was brilliant with it.
  2. SPIT_FIRE

The debate

In my time owning an integra a went through a similar process, but decided against turbo/supercharging. The beauty of these cars is they where built so you could drive to the track out of vtec and get 30mpg, get to the track smash it round revving to 8.5k whilst having a driving experience that...
  3. SPIT_FIRE

New DC5 owner

Yep, thats defo my old one, i sold it to get a 335i. The crunch is normal when cold, its apparently the triple cone syncrho these have on second.
  4. SPIT_FIRE

Turbo kit

QFT
  5. SPIT_FIRE

Detail. GTX 460s in SLI.

Sorry iv missed the text, are you asking what to upgrade to? Id go with a single GTX 780, by evga or msi. Avoid the 690 there are issues with that card iirc.
  6. SPIT_FIRE

Water Gathered In Passenger Foot Well.

This is usually a symptom of a blocked air con pipe IIRC.
  7. SPIT_FIRE

Engine knocking/tappeting noise

When where the valve clearances last done? Mine got abit louder before i had them done but after it was back to normal. Tbh the K20 although it shouldn't sound like a bag of spanners they aren't quite as "sewing machine" as some other engines they do sound tappety at times.
  8. SPIT_FIRE

Best induction for DC5R

There is no real performance advantage to the hard pipe as far as im aware. I just thought it looks the nuts. Arc are back trading again now though but id imagine they'd cost a bomb to get shipped over. The hard pipe alone was £250 new iirc.
  9. SPIT_FIRE

Best induction for DC5R

I'd say the ARC. Im putting one up for sale soon with the hard pipe.
  10. SPIT_FIRE

Dude where's you car?

This was my first car http://www.speedculture.co.uk/c5 these pictures where taken before i owned it, but it looked exactly the same. It was a 1.4i tornado edition which had a less restrictive throttle body so it made 90hp lol. I only paid £1000 for it and regret selling it now, it cost the...
  11. SPIT_FIRE

make power N/A or go rotrex

I asked this before. After watching some best motoring vids i was all for N/A and wanted the tracy sports stroker kit, after looking into it, it was like 10k to import the kit, this is not including any of the valve train parts IIRC. The drive in drive out price for the TDI north street turbo...
  12. SPIT_FIRE

Rattle after startup!

Manifold heat shield?
  13. SPIT_FIRE

Video of DC5 vs Evo @ Knockhill Round 2

Its always gunna be tough to down shift your own car hard though i reckon, as the bill is massive if you over rev lol. Jesus 600bhp im suprised there not in there own class with that sort of power would've been awesome if he'd of had that 911 though.
  14. SPIT_FIRE

looking out for a dc5

Those are some savage cars! That GTR :wub:
  15. SPIT_FIRE

My handbrake may as well be a dild...

There is an adjustment screw at the back of the centre console under a tab.