Recent content by stewR

1. stewR

Popping out of 3rd gear

Sounds like it to me. From all that I've read recently, I'll be taking my box out soon and replacing the synchros for 3 and 4. I occasionally get an almost pop out of 3rd when changing to 4th, and if I've been using higher RPM and try to change down gears from 4 to 3, it feels like 3rd is...
  2. stewR

Cobra Alarm/Central Locking issue

eBay item # 302410753769
  3. stewR

Which exhaust setup

Carl, thanks to reading your detailed posts, I ended up buying a RM01A a few weeks ago. My car had a custom Powerflow cat back on it when I bought it and found it to be too civil for my tastes. The RM01A though is just right. It sounds great, looks good, light. So, thank you for doing the...
  4. stewR

Suspension Reviews:

Thought I'd chime in with my own experience of DC5 suspension in the 6 weeks I've had the car... 1st - Bought the car with Tein Street basic coilovers. Good items but I felt they were underdamper/over spring. 2nd - Replaced with a set of Japanese spec Bilsteins. Bloody good things. Just, too...
  5. stewR

OK, update - realised that it was just the central locking, not the alarm. So I replaced the module in the drivers door with an £8 one from China...bought two just in case. Voila, fixed.
  6. stewR

Spoon lowering springs or tien coilovers

Are these the Advance Z coilovers you have?
  7. stewR

Hey folks, My car has a Cobra 3310 alarm(not Nokia...) and up to yesterday was fine. Both remote fobs(batteries good) now only activate the alarm, not the central locking. I've checked all fuses. Central locking works on the key and lock/unlock switch on the door. Any ideas?
  8. stewR

Gearbox Solid shifter bushes (Tegiwa in this case)

Got there in the end. Just needed to swear a bit more Just done those and the detent springs, wow! Shift springs done previously.
  9. stewR

No, the ones that go into the groove to hold them in the sleeve. Not the R clips.
  10. stewR

Fitting these Tegiwa shifter bushes now. What a stupid idea the retaining springs are! A simple circlip would have sufficed and been much easier to fit.
  11. stewR

Gearstick not returning central

Personally, I'd pull the shifter out and check the selector springs, check for any stiction within the delrin and Tegiwa bushings at the ends of the cables.
  12. stewR

OEM DECAT

Do DC5's pass emissions ok without a cat in place? I do have a friendly MOT tester should I decide to go down that route.
  13. stewR

**** Great News, Forum saved ****

As a relatively new member, I'm glad this forum isn't going to disappear. I've seen it happen to others before and all the gathered information is lost in archive. Thanks TorqueGT and the forum admins for keeping the lights on. Silly question, as I've not seen anything, but are there any club...
  14. stewR

Returning to the Red H life

Hey folks. Used to have a DC2 about 15 years ago, and an S2000. Now in a DC5 and love it after 6 days of ownership. Will be my daily and hopefully keep it for a good amount of time.