Recent content by tailslide

1. T

FAO CCCHRIS (well guy with black one and all keyfobs & s

say, is the ITG the same one found on the CTR or one that they made specially for the ITR? appreciate any inputs on this as well as who to contact for one of these 2 be shipped. kinda sick off my current intake suckin up hot air :evil:
  2. T

Coming to the UK from the united states

:lol: so much 4 being helpful eh truffs? :wink:
  3. T

Road Noise or not?

well, finally got an hour off work 2 fix the prob. turns out my suspicions were rite. the clutch on the a/c compressor seized and bent one of them shafts inside. learnt something painful too. a friggin new compressor's gonna run me up into the region of 400 UKP!!! :cry: anyone heard of DC5 a/c...
  4. T

Road Noise or not?

guys, things juz got worse after driving with the grinding sound for the past few days. now when i turn on the a/c, it sounds like i have a jammed blender rattling away under the bonnet. car still drives dandy with the a/c off. but the noise is simply heart wrenching 2 hear and it wun be until...
  5. T

Funny Smell

dats probably ur clutch burning. mine does dat all the time when i gun the accelerator 2 redline. well, dat was until i got my ogura carbon clutch on 8)
  6. T

Road Noise or not?

think i'm having a similar prob on mine. sounds like some bearings are having probs turning and it seems to make the car accelerate more "rough" at low speeds. funny tot came into my mind and i turned off the a/c. voila! grindings gone and car drives ok. now the problem is figuring out wats...
  7. T

lamda sensor

i know coupla of guys who had this problem. never tot it would happen to me but apparently it is. was driving the car around as usual today when the CEL came on. wasn't too cool bout it and i pulled over to the side of a busy expressway and restarted my engine. the CEL went off but then i...
  8. T

Stickers

u sound like u understand japanese. coz u sure type like how a japanese guy would say it :lol: no offence taken there mate :wink:
  9. T

Stickers

wow, i'm surprised nobody knows by now what the ** actually means, this being a forum for gurus. watch this newbie attempt to elaborate :) in japan, a low emissions vehicle is ranked by the number *s a car manages to obtain. not too sure bout the exact criteria, but the sticker roughly says...
  10. T

Oil coolers?

doesn't the DC5R already come with a stock oil cooler? i recall that this is in addition to the huge heat sink available from the 4.5 litres of engine oil. dun think ur oil temps should be that high dude.
  11. T

Taking the plunge...

thanx for the handy link :D i suppose the "OEM" valve springs and retainers actually refers to the stock ITR's? dunch u already have them? kinda uncomfortable that the "safe" rpm is only till 8.5k though. maybe i'll wait for the release of their race valve train before diving in myself. holy...
  12. T

Hondata Airbox Mod:With Nasty Scenes of Butchery!!

i'm looking at ITBs as one of my next upgrades as well. apparently, my understanding at the moment is that the k-pro will have probs managing the ITBs due to its ability to read off only one MAP sensor and the repositioning of which would prove 2 b rather tricky :? perhaps i should have sunk my...
  13. T

Taking the plunge...

could u point me to the webby with more info on this matter? heard bout the IPS cams too and exploring my options for the next power mod :wink: i've got a k-pro tuned with custom cold air and exhaust but unfortunately, all my data is with my tuner and i dun have a soft copy to share at the...
  14. T

Build Quality of ITR

mine was real solid and comfy till i snapped and chucked in polyu-something inserts for my engine mounts. now, my hands sometimes go numb from the buzzing and vibration coming through the steering wheel. :lol:
  15. T

carbon vs metal clutches

got my car dynoed and muz say the figures weren't too impressive. :evil: did realize wat i could do with at this current point in time and one of them was actually a better set of clutch to help me transfer the power to the wheels with less transmission losses. contemplating the purchase of...