Recent content by thrashermax

1. thrashermax

Love DC5 but have a BMW E46 problem...

Mark_teg, I haven't been driving the M3 much, been using the Teg this week. The 'tame' one's steering is definitely not as direct as the CSL but it's still focused. The CSL drives like a completely different car, it handles harder, sounds completely different and turns more sharply. The Teg...
  2. thrashermax

Yes Lewis, that's my baby at £23k - bargain! The new owner will never lose money on that... except for the maintenance costs. M3s are great but you can not run them on a budget. They need more maintenance than Hondas! If any of you guys were near me and wanted a go in the CSL you would have...
  3. thrashermax

There's more deprecation to go on the E90 M3 I think. I think high mileage ones will be hitting low teens soon. I've never had a go in one, the V8 would be immense but I know some people who've had them and still prefer the straight six in the E46...
  4. thrashermax

I've done 40,000 miles in the CSL and used it every day for the last 2 1/2 years. I got used to it, still love it but it's time for change. With the standard M3 I have more comfort and £13,000 in the bank! A totally different car but still nice. The DC5 is great as well but unfortunately I've...
  5. thrashermax

Thanks re the loss... my Dad was a fun guy and I remember all the mad things he did with cars. I want the Teg to go to someone who will really appreciate her as she has been well looked after. She is completely standard so can be kept that way or made into something really individual and...
  6. thrashermax

I have BMW in my blood... my daughter was crying over the CSL going. I like the Teg a lot, it's a wonderful car to drive but I don't love it :( I guess it's a personal thing... my Dad had a E46 as his last car before he died of cancer. I couldn't resist when the silver grey one came up for...
  7. thrashermax

Which colour??

Silver! I would say that, I've got one...
  8. thrashermax

Purchasing a DC5

Enjoy your hunt! I have an ultra rare facelift silver one... I got a bargain but now will need to sell as I have 3 other cars. I'll be advertising soon on here. Mine was owned for 7 years by a 60 year old who over serviced the car at Honda then it was bought by a member on here who looked after...
  9. thrashermax

I will be going from CSL To this Which means this will need to go soon… The Teg is a wonderful car but my Dad's last car was an E46 and I have a real soft spot for them. (He died 3 years ago). This means the lovely facelift Teg will need to go. I've done 1500 miles in the Teg already...
  10. thrashermax

Just a quick Hello

Looking good... tegs are really nice!
  11. thrashermax

Newbie with FL Silver DC5

It was hard to resist... FL silver with black interior... I made a cheeky offer with the trader who did the usual, 'I'll check with the owner' then did the deal. To be fair I have had a soft spot for these since working at a Honda dealership in 2003. This forum finally pushed me into buying...
  12. thrashermax

DC5 Appreciation

Wouldn't say I prefer... the CSL is a lovely machine but 360bhp and it's full capability will never be used on the roads and I don't do track days. The teg has more than enough power for my needs and still feels special enough. They are both great cars.
  13. thrashermax

DC5 Appreciation

Will do... CSL is at body shop for a week having TLC before she goes up for sale. Once she's back I'll take some pics. I can do a mini review with the Fiat Punto bodyshop courtesy car if you'd like!
  14. thrashermax

DC5 Appreciation

Had my car for a week now. It drives brilliantly, smooth power delivery, balanced, fun, refined. I jumped back into my M3 CSL and I although I love it, selling it won't be too painful now that I have teggy. So far I'm very happy with the teg.
  15. thrashermax

DC5 British Touring Car Championship Winner 2005 &2006

Here's the link:- https://www.facebook.com/touringcarspares It was put up today. Thanks matinj46.