Recent content by Tiger_kpt

1. T

Goodyear F1 GSD3's Vs Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's?

GOD DAMN IT! They weren't there a week or so ago in that profile when I was looking for new tyres. I hung on for ages as well... as long as I legally and safely could!!! ;-p
  2. T

Goodyear F1 GSD3's Vs Goodyear F1 Asymmetric's?

Are the Asymmetrics available in 215/45/17 yet though? Could only find them in 225/45/17 which are not a great profile for the DC5, due to tram-lining. Ended up going for a set of 215/45/17 Falken FK452's... and am well chuffed with them. Great tyres. Asymmetrics will be my next set for sure...
  3. T

Where Can I Buy SSR Alloy Wheels From?!?

Thanks mate. Appreciate that. Will let you know how I get on. Rang Tokyo Express... I would be looking at around £380 for ONE SSR 17" alloy wheel on it's own. OUCH! So may have to go down the repair route.
  4. T

Bladdy Hell... that was quick mate! Magic! Any ideas about alloy wheel repair? Getting rid of a mild rim lip buckle?
  5. T

Hi Guys!!! I have a set of Bronze SSR alloy wheels on my DC5 already in 17". All are in mint condition... apart from one of them has developed a slight buckle on the outer rim lip. I thought about having it repaired... but not too sure where and how quick I can have this done... So I think a...
  6. T

Have i made a boo boo?

I have Tein Flex coilovers on mine mate. I really like them. They are quite harsh and stiff... but I am used to them now and wouldn't revert back to standard dampers again!
  7. T

My car sold.

I hope the guy coming for your car isn't actually paying with a cheque - as you stated in your initial post on this thread... if he is then you are braver than I am!
  8. T

HKS Coilovers

Hmmm. You NORMALLY have to send them off to the manufacturer to have this done... this is what you have to do with the Tein equivalents I believe.
  9. T

HKS Coilovers

Ahh. I can't give a good opinion on those ones mate as I have never used them before. I have used the HKS Hyper-D coilovers in the past on an RX7 I used to own. They were very well made. Quite a good ride (not soft, but not as hard as Tein). Seemed to be easy to work with, maintain and were...
  10. T

HKS Coilovers

What model of HKS coilovers are they mate?
  11. T

the ultimate DC5 servicing thread? input needed

Other filters such as fuel, pollen, etc... I would just use Honda OEM. I would also recommend using Spoon (or another brand) magnetic sump plugs (engine and transmission). And always use a high quality transmission oil. Gets rid of the notorious DC5 gearbox clunky and awkward changing -...
  12. T

the ultimate DC5 servicing thread? input needed

Hi mate. I always use HAMP engine oil filters. Millers oils and HKS spark plugs for the DC5. The HKS spark plugs have a very long service time interval and also help with engine performance. I get almost all of my parts off of eBay.
  13. T

Weird Dash buzzing/vibration

I have the same god damned metallic rattle. Sounds kind of tinny/metallic and seems as though it has got to be behind the dash somewhere. Wrecks my head! My K-Pro VTEC cross over point is 5000rpm... and it really kicks in around 5500rpm. This rattle only occurs bang on and around 5000rpm mark...
  14. T

New DC5, new exhaust :D

To be honest... when combining any CAT back with the OEM 4-2 and OEM 2-1 CAT sections... the noise and droning levels won't be too bad. When combining the chosen exhaust with an aftermarket 4-2, 2-1 or 4-1 exhaust manifold sections is when the noise levels of the exhausts are really given to...
  15. T

New DC5, new exhaust :D

Mugen twin loop cat-back is nice and probably fits your requirements in terms of noise. Can normally pick them up on here second hand.