Recent content by Tim Type-R

1. T

Calling all A-Plan insured

I've just taken a policy out with A Plan. £730 Fully Comp & Protected, with £400 Excess. I'm 25 with full no claims and 0 points. The only other insurance company that got near was Adrian Flux. Tim.
  2. T

1/4 mile times

I've got a HKS Hyper Muffler & Injen CAI - everything else is standard.
  3. T

1/4 mile times

I did 3 runs at Avon Park County Raceway (Stratford), with a full tank of fuel and on a hot day - a couple of months back. The times were 14.7, 14.5 & 14.3 I think I may have been able to shave another tenth or so off, but not much more. Tim.
  4. T

Shock and horror

When I had my car tested @ Power Station (in Cheltenham), the mechanics were willing to put money down that my car would produce 212bhp. They reckon that virtually every Teg they tested had produced that figure and our lower RON fuel really does impact on performance. They were pleasantly...
  5. T

Misfire??

Picked the car up last night. The technicians carried out compression tests and checked that the valve clearances were ok - everything seemed as normal. They did pick up a slight misfire on cylinders 2 & 4 but (and this is no word of a lie) after they had completed the diagnostic test, the car...
  6. T

Misfire??

I only ever use Optimax and never really let the fuel get too low. I did go to Brindley Honda (Halesowen) on Saturday and the technician there seemed to think the problem is electrical. The car is going in on Wednesday - wish me luck! Cheers guys, I'll let you know the outcome in due course. Tim.
  7. T

Misfire??

My Teg is a 2001 model and has covered 29K. When you say mixing of oil/water, could it be a head gasket? Cheers Mike - i'll do some investigating.
  8. T

Misfire??

I wonder if anybody could offer me some advice? I am a pen pusher and lack technical knowledge but here goes - my DC5 has started running really rough on tickover when the engine is both cold and warm. The car is jerky and is refusing to rev freely. I always keep my eye on the oil levels and...
  9. T

Where you at ?

Redditch (Worcestershire) - haven't seen many other DC5's around here though!