Recent content by tristanpalmer

1. tristanpalmer

Spoon LSD (Plated) – What gearbox oil?

Not a huge amount to be honest, though difficult to quantify how much by. I'd say it made a noticeable difference at very low speeds, but certainly not a big transformation or difference to general driving. (I don't actually know what was in there previously though, so can't make a direct...
  2. tristanpalmer

Spoon LSD (Plated) – What gearbox oil?

Just seen the thread revival. Have been running 300LS for 2 years, several track days and lots of road miles. Changed it twice in that time and zero problems at all. :)
  3. tristanpalmer

Meister R- Camber question

I'm currently running that on a 7J rim ET40. Running around -2.8 camber IIRC, but loads of room so sure you'd be more than fine on an 8J with ET48.
  4. tristanpalmer

Side mounts to OEM spec lowered seat rail

Can anyone tell me if the OEM seat rails that bolt to the floor are the correct bolt spacing for side mounts for fixed buckets? I'm currently running a HKS lowered rail, and wondering if I can get away with just a new seat and sidemounts and bolt to the rail, or if I'll need to go for something...
  5. tristanpalmer

Clockwise Motion Drop in fitted, do I need to trim the dipstick?

I trimmed mine when I had it fitted... Not a huge amount from what I recall but couldn't tell you how much of the top of my head.
  6. tristanpalmer

disc and pad set ups?

I'm running Project MU 800s on RPB discs, performance wise they're probably on par with previous MTEC and 2500s, but they don't fade anywhere near as much on track. Definitely kick up more dust and noise though.
  7. tristanpalmer

lowered seat rails

Haha - No worries. They come as 1, so that rough price is per seat. There's a bit more info in the group buy thread we did a while ago: http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/39885-group-buy-%E2%80%93-hks-lowered-seat-rail-%C2%A3130/
  8. tristanpalmer

lowered seat rails

I've got a HKS rail - I'm sure it's more than a 30mm drop though. Matt at Injection imports can get hold of them, around £130/140 I think all in. Makes a huge difference though, and I'm 6'7!
  9. tristanpalmer

Grease on Rear Pad's Retainers Question

Would definitely get some copper grease on there. Have found in the past it causes squeezing and uneven pad wear, especially if you're going on track with the heat cycles. I always clean up the metal retainers with some 3000grit sandpaper first too just to get rid of any unwanted gunk. Seems...
  10. tristanpalmer

Can't get tack rod end off

Could try removing the whole tie rod and end from the steering rack? Then clamping one end into a vice and use a spanner and a breaker bar or similar for some leverage?
  11. tristanpalmer

K tuned shifter help please

I had the exact same issue and also did what Rich mentioned, and you have pictured - Then ordered the K-Tuned ones which eradicated the problem. I did leave a review on the tegiwa page stating this when it happened to me in Jan but it doesn't appear to of been approved.
  12. tristanpalmer

Inverted track rod ends !!

I paid around £150 for some unbranded ones last year... I did get a quote from TGM too and that came in around £230 iirc. T
  13. tristanpalmer

J's Racing Ultra Low Position Seat Rail

Ditto on above. I have a HKS one and it's a good drop. Matt at Injection Imports can supply them for a reasonable price. I'm 6'7" so feel your pain! haha.
  14. tristanpalmer

rack raiser (with meister r crd)

Could be due to a number of things... How much front toe out are you running? (It should say on your print out with the geo settings on). Front tyres? Mine came with Eagle F1s when I first got the car, which had very soft sidewalls on, which dramatically increased the feeling of bump steer...
  15. tristanpalmer

DC5 vs EP3 radiator?

Thanks guys :)