Recent content by vtecboy

1. V

5ZIGEN vs Gruppe M

Mate, if you want it I'll sell it to you, I just bought the gruppe today. But I have to warn you I'm in Oz so the postage will be more than normal. It's a small/light kit of course but pm me if you're interested.
  2. V

Daily driving without a Cat

A load more than I anticipated. But I imported it into Victoria and they probably have the most stringent laws. Not to mention everyone wants a piece of your wallet in the process. From start to finish it cost me about 6800 uk. Thanks for the advice re the de-cat. I need to get the work done...
  3. V

Daily driving without a Cat

I'm about to get a spoon header and decat installed but I'm wondering about noise/smell etc ... it's a daily driver that doesn't get daily driven much ... What are peoples experiences with this? I'm no longer in Ireland incidentally ... me and teg moved over to Australia and the laws here are...
  4. V

5ZIGEN vs Gruppe M

So, I have 5ZIGEN knocking around that I never installed ... I'm getting a kpro/tune in a few weeks and was about to purchase a gruppe m. I'm just wondering is there a notable difference between the two of them? Also, I was wondering is possible (or even remotely worthwhile) to install the...
  5. V

Bored with the teg, what next?

I knew someone was going to mention Lotus :) I'm not sure I could afford an Exige but I was thinking about a K20 converted Elise S1 ! The only thing is that I surf, and I can quite happily fit the surf board inside the teg and take it down the coast for the weekend!
  6. V

Bored with the teg, what next?

Well, I think it's finally happened. I'm bored with my teg! Even after a few upgrades it feels horribly underpowered. The exhilaration has just worn off 3yrs down the road. But I'm kinda stumped as to what to look out for next. Part of going honda was the fact that you don't end up having to...
  7. V

DC5 can be embarrassing :(

It sounds like you need to hit the tread mill, man :) My dc5 and trousers get on just fine! *does lunges* Yep!
  8. V

somebody justify the Gruppe M intake!

Do they actually make a difference though? I can remember reading one post from a guy on here who'd dragged the the gruppe m against another cai or two and said there was absolutely no difference between them in the tests he did!? Can anyone remember that post? I mean for the price of one...
  9. V

Need a DC5 fly windows ASAP!

I spoke to both of those gentlemen this morning. Integrastella has one but I won't be able to get it until the new year. Leaves my car somewhat exposed but I've not choice in the matter as I can't find one in Dublin.
  10. V

Need a DC5 fly windows ASAP!

Some cunt tried to rob my car lastnight and broke my fly window in the process. I need one asap if I can't pick one up in Dublin today. Can anyone help me out ?
  11. V

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR A KPRO REMAP???

Fair play to you for seeing it to through to the n'th degree .... but personally I think you're nuts! Traveling all the way over to TDI and splashing out on another remap, for what another 10 hp maybe!? Unless there's something really dysfunctional about the AI kpro map spend the money on...
  12. V

Lend of a standard ECU?

It's a place call Couture (lad who runs it is called Dr Nick :) ) found them on dtdirl.com
  13. V

Lend of a standard ECU?

I'm going to get KPRO'd up shortly but I need to take my ECU out and give it to these guys in Dublin, so they can post it out to the UK and have the board soldered on. Because my car is a daily driver I can't afford to be without it for a few days, so is there any remote possibility someone has...
  14. V

What additional strut braces?

If I work on the basis that the OEM braces are going to be fine for fast road use, I'd prefer to add more rigidity to areas that are lacking before upgrading the OEM ones. I know there's a bar you can get that goes along the top of the passanger seats and there's also two for the underneath of...
  15. V

Carbon fiber bonnet?

What type of weight saving are you looking at by replacing the bonnet with a carbon fiber one? Is it a worthwhile upgrade or do you really need to be thinking about throwing out the air con etc if you're starting to get serious about it?