Recent content by Vteccin_teg

1. Vteccin_teg

New DC5

I've been considering a TDI 3" exhaust and I'd like to boost it in future. Let me know how it is. Hopefully its what you expect mate
  2. Vteccin_teg

Gearbox Solid shifter bushes (Tegiwa in this case)

Glad you got it sorted mate. Amazing how something so small can make such a difference.....so she said ;) haha
  3. Vteccin_teg

Gearbox Solid shifter bushes (Tegiwa in this case)

You on about the shifter bushes that the rods connect to ontop of the gearbox? They normally come with R clips. Literally just slide on?
  4. Vteccin_teg

Oh Bugger!

Just an unexpected, indeed expense isn't it lol. As much as I love my teg, there quite expensive to replace stuff on lol
  5. Vteccin_teg

New DC5

Some polybush engine mounts make the world of difference!!. Get 65a though not 75a if its a daily as I have 75a and they drone quite alot. But mines not a daily so not bothered.
  6. Vteccin_teg

Oh Bugger!

Bit of tape and a cable tie, be alight that haha. Bet it sounds mental lol
  7. Vteccin_teg

What oil for track days?

I've tried a few oils. Mainly castrol and shell. Burns abit of oil. Since switching to Fuchs race pro S 5W40. My engine seemed alot happier and hasn't burnt any oil since. Says on bottle its designed for engines with high lift cams, so in my opinion sounds best suited. Oil is oil end of the day...
  8. Vteccin_teg

Whos DC5 was it

Took a spirited drive from brum down to Tetbury way (through the cotswolds) today with my mate in his golf. Seen another DC5, white PFL with a carbon bonnet? Looked well nice. Mines a blue facelift white alloys Have to say the roads were amazing and so was the weather.
  9. Vteccin_teg

Gearstick not returning central

FIXED - I have now resolved this issue. Dont know imparticular what I did. I removed the gear selector rods/bushes from top of the gearbox. Removed the gear selector from the gearbox to check it, and it looked fine. Put it back in and connected everything back up and it worked fine. Maybe...
  10. Vteccin_teg

Poor battery affecting HIDs

Had a feeling it was relay or an intermittent power fault (hence the frayed/rubbed wire) Don't waste your money on an alarm mate. End of the day if someone wants the car, this day and age your door will come off and keys are taken. Get yourself a tracker with remote cutout. Got it on mine. You...
  11. Vteccin_teg

Haha, cheers mate. Its my job I'll always help someone out if I can, as boot will always end up on the other foot 1 day.
  12. Vteccin_teg

thats definitly a loose connection of some sort. Id check connections at the ballast and plugs Check connection at Back of the fusebox (wire might not be crimped onto pin properly or isn't touching fuse properly) Check you dont have a dogey fuse (I've worked on a vehicle before and a fuse had...
  13. Vteccin_teg

Gearstick not returning central

Hi guys, Wondering if someone could help me before wasting an entire day trying to resolve. When moving my gearstick to the left (asif to change to 1st or 2nd) it sticks there and won't spring back). When shifting from 2nd to 3rd if i don't drag the stick in the shape of the H, then it'll...
  14. Vteccin_teg

If all the other bulbs are working then its the dipped beam circuit. As its happening to both lights and not just 1 it won't be the ballast. Imagine you have 2 ballasts going into 1 wire then that 1 wire goes to the output of a relay, then the relay goes to the power source and an earth then...
  15. Vteccin_teg

Believe it or not, I'm actually an auto electrician haha. But fingers crossed he can solve the issue. More than likely it'll be the power feeding the headlights or the earth to the lights. Could also be a faulty light switch. If theyre flickering then its a loose connection somewhere in the...