Recent content by VtecPaul

1. VtecPaul

DC5 Starter motor cleaning removal

Likely the Honda starter motor “sneeze”. Not sure I can help you with your question, but thought I’d add that in case it helped your google / forum research.
  2. VtecPaul

Anyone know this DC5?

Wow! That’s a lot of money.
  3. VtecPaul

Anyone know this DC5?

If this sells for less than £10k, it could be worth it IMO because if all else fails, breaking it would get most of that back and if it’s easily fixable then there’s a bit of money to do so without spending more than it’s worth. IMO
  4. VtecPaul

Anyone know this DC5?

Just google the reg plate. (With the space has more findings) You’ll see many photos of this car on DCG and other forums / posts too. You can determine a lot of the history through that. maybe same on social media too.
  5. VtecPaul

Anyone know this DC5?

Exactly! However; just a comment here - the car is worth more than the estimate in parts alone I’d say. I am certain that the regular breakers of Hondas will be bidding and I expect it to sell for more.
  6. VtecPaul

Anyone know this DC5?

Just seen it’s up for auction. The advert sends alarm bells for me: engine management light Flashing on and off Vendor stating it drives “fierce” - sounds like they’re ignoring the engine management issue!
  7. VtecPaul

Anyone know this DC5?

That car is changing hands quicker than I have hot dinners! I don’t understand or know why though, although one reason was that it was raffled off by Dream Car Giveaways, but since the winner won it, it’s changed hands A LOT. Personally, unless it’s really well priced, I’d steer clear. Not...
  8. VtecPaul

Air assist valve bypass delete

Yep! All worked fantastic :-)
  9. VtecPaul

ABS Light - How to read codes

I’ve used an apple app called DashCmd and the larger orange and blue ELM Bluetooth dongle before, as above really.
  10. VtecPaul

Universal front splitter

EBay rubber splitters work perfectly fine. It’s all about a clean application and careful installation. £7 does the job
  11. VtecPaul

ST225 to dc5

Not sure, I think vtec on them both is in the same region - 6200rpm. This can be adjusted with a map tho I think - I’m no expert having left my car relatively standard in that department. I did seriously consider an s2k before this, I still love them. But a little more common on the road and...
  12. VtecPaul

ST225 to dc5

If you were underwhelmed by the s2k you may end up being disappointed with a dc5. Get a drive out in one or two to decide before committing. Mine is a second car, used only for fun and only does limited mileage. I love the noise, the sound, the look.. let’s be honest you see a focus almost...
  13. VtecPaul

K20a Octane Queries

Don’t put rubbish fuel in, they don’t like it. Here in the UK I only use Shell V-Power which is 99 Ron.
  14. VtecPaul

front tow hook

Fingers crossed! I have located mine more central to the bumper as it protrudes slightly less there due to bumper shape.
  15. VtecPaul

front tow hook

Thanks! I too have a beat rush front numberplate holder, with the hook on the drivers side. I hope it doesn’t cause MOT issues as don’t fancy taking the front bumper off to remove it.