Recent content by whl1882

1. W

hub flange - same on EP3?

Thanks guys. I managed to get a DC5 hub from Dave, not cheap but not overly expensive.
  2. W

hub flange - same on EP3?

I‘m replacing the hub bearing + the assembly (flange) it sits in is showing wear (there‘s a ridge). Does anyone know if this part is the same on the EP3? Thanks.
  3. W

Value of Dc5 over 110,000

Mine is in great condition on 71,000 and I've lowered to £7k to get buyers. I've had very little interest and no one even come to view it yet. Time of the year and show of the times I guess. It's worth what someone will pay for it. Small market for DC5's at the moment.
  4. W

Heart attack @ price of 4 wheel alignment FRSU

Yer but when you wait for ages for someone to see you and it needs to be done there aren't many places around here that do it. Yes I know its extortionate but other than sayin thanks but no thanks there's nowhere else round here to go.
  5. W

Here's the breakdown if you're interested: Wheel alignment report - £20 Front wheel alignment adjust - £20 Rear wheel alignment adjust - £20 Alignment adjust camber - £35 Alignment adjust camber - £35 Computer wheel balance - £12 5.00 off alignment - just looked at it and for some reason...
  6. W

Yep camber gear already in place. I couldn't believe it to be honest but fuck it, just paid it. I WILL contact their head office though - probably won't get anywhere but yeah. Expensive huh.
  7. W

Went to local tyre place today as had to get my wheels aligned. Anyway, I gave them the print out I got from TGM and told them the settings. Price: £165. I was pretty gobsmacked. I needed the alignment done and didn't have time to check anywhere else so I just paid it. I think it's a...
  8. W

Squeaky, squeaky - help :)

Okay, thanks for your replies. I am taking it to be laser aligned tomorrow so will get them to put the car on a ramp to make sure none of the suspension bushes need replacing.
  9. W

It‘s really hard to distinguish to be honest. At the moment it sounds on the right of the engine bay but quite high up. I‘m really starting to convince myself it‘s the poly inserts for the engine mounts.
  10. W

Hey guys, I couple of months back (after having FRSU with Eibachs done) I got some squeaking… first of all it was in slow moving traffic, then the noise kind of transferred to only on right hand turns and ONLY when putting your foot on the gas. The noise is more prevalent when its wet...
  11. W

N/S knocking ?

Thank you. Well I'll take it back down to TGM. They fitted the springs for me and so on. I did mention it when I was down there not too long ago when I had a service done and all I got in response was "feels a bit skittish to drive but couldn't hear a noise" bare in mind that was just a short...
  12. W

N/S knocking ?

Thanks buddy. When you say common, do you mean after having springs changed? It was weird, at first it sounded very central and would only happen in slow moving traffic, now the noise appears to be coming from the N/S and only when turning but it's the same or a very similar noise as before (I...
  13. W

N/S knocking ?

Also, possibly related? The original knocking started not long after having Eibach springs, camber adjusters and FRSU done.
  14. W

N/S knocking ?

At first I heard a knocking a while ago only noticeable in slow moving traffic. However, now it seems to have developed into a definite N/S knocking that is only noticeable when turning/cornering right. Any ideas on what this possibly is? Also if it‘s still okay to be driving with it and what...
  15. W

Car Park Damage

That sucks. I hate car parks for this reason as I'm paranoid about someone opening a door into my car. However, surely you are allowed to see the tapes through the freedom of information act? Try citizens advice bureau http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ they should be able to help. Incidentally...