Who runs a oil cooler on a dc5?

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
Are they any good and reliable? Or can they fail?

Is there any point buying one if I am using the car just for everyday use? Novelty? Or just leave it stock as it is?

Thank you

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Are they any good and reliable? Or can they fail?

Is there any point buying one if I am using the car just for everyday use? Novelty? Or just leave it stock as it is?

Thank you
They're not even really needed on track. The stock oil cooler does a good job.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

RaspyNoise

Advanced Member
They're not even really needed on track. The stock oil cooler does a good job.

Does the DC5 come with a stock oil cooler? Only issue is the adapter that goes on the filter housing can fail and mess the engine up. That’s the only thing putting me off...

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Does the DC5 come with a stock oil cooler? Only issue is the adapter that goes on the filter housing can fail and mess the engine up. That’s the only thing putting me off...
Yes, you see the pipes coming off the filter housing then to the water pump housing, that's the oem cooler system.

JustinEET

Advanced Member
Haven't seen them fail. And it wouldn't really wouldn't mess up the engine. If it leaks you should see engine get hot.
Also if you do anything other than daily driving. Like track; I would get oil pressure gauge.
I've been through 3 engines.