Black Headlining

Mik0

Hi everyone,

Just putting this post out there as I've searched and not managed to find anything...

Has anybody ever changed their headlining to black fabric instead of the standard greyish one?

If so, was it a nightmare, and has anyone got any pictures?!

Cheers

skengdR

Advanced Member
Ive seen a few people do this but never asked how. Id be interested in doing it for mine one day

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mik0

Ive seen a few people do this but never asked how. Id be interested in doing it for mine one day

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Just think it looks tidy and would make the interior look a lot cooler. I get peoples arguments saying it would make it feel more confined but I've always liked the BMW/Audi and VW R's interiors and they always have black headlining so would be pretty good.

TomNorris

Advanced Member
Something a bit like this?
I personally prefer cars with black headliners.
There's a couple of options. The expensive ine is the get it retrimmed. This will depend on material used, company who do it and a number of other factors.
The cheaper option is to dye the existing headliner. You get the same end results but for a lot less. Only downside is it makes the headliner feel a lot less plush and a bit dry also some of the dye can stain your sun visors.
Loads of options for this though, autoglym black dye or normfest kroma from euro car parts both work well. Between 5 - 12 quid. Just spray on & leave to dry.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk