Tegiwa rear tow hook fitting

Goatwidcoat

This could be me being completely stupid but how do I fit this rear tow hook from Tegiwa?

I assumed it bolted through to something underneath but now that I have it this is obviously not the case. Do you attach it to the tow hook already fitted on the chassis?

I think that one bolt goes through the existing tow hook and into the black backing plate so the existing tow hook is sandwiched inbetween and then the other bolt is to secure outside the tow hook's loop.

Attachments

Goatwidcoat

I was told you need to drill in and attach it through the boot floor.
Thank you. Wish they put stuff like this on their website as that is much more involved!

I have emailed them this morning anyway as the black backing plate they have sent me is manufactured incorrectly as the holes don't line up so one bolt is impossible to screw through

Attachments

moody_mage

I ordered one myself then decided against fitting it as I couldn't see how that would be resilient enough as a towing point. I got one of the ones which attach to the existing tow hook, plus I can't take it off without leaving holes if I want to

1626691929764.png

Goatwidcoat

I ordered one myself then decided against fitting it as I couldn't see how that would be resilient enough as a towing point. I got one of the ones which attach to the existing tow hook, plus I can't take it off without leaving holes if I want to

View attachment 8171
I did look into these but then noticed that it was cosmetic only which is a shame as they look great! Although I have no intention of spinning on track I wonder how effective that would be should the worst happen.

moody_mage

I guess the limit of it is the strength of the material used and the bolts attaching it to the towing point. I'd feel more secure with this one being used that the one bolted through the boot floor :D