OEM replacement springs, still available?

Nd272

Hi hope all is well

have been researching on this forum for a while now. Ipicked up a 2003 dc5 a while back and previous owner had put some lowering springs on, think they are carbon culture brand.I would like to change these for something with less of a drop.

I wouldn’t even mind using oem reolacements and have it sitting stock for a while, just wondering if they are available anymore? Have tried to look online but no luck

have read the forum here and I know eibach and spoon springs are often mentioned as good replacements too.
Any help appreciated

badman9

My pre-facelift is currently running facelift suspension. That was all I could get used locally to replace the AWFUL coilovers that were on the vehicle.

Nd272

My pre-facelift is currently running facelift suspension. That was all I could get used locally to replace the AWFUL coilovers that were on the vehicle.
mine has lowering springs but it has left the rear slightly sitting into its arches and I just don’t like the stance. Person I bought it from did give me stock suspension as well but the rear springs are a little rusty

I have tried Japan but getting oem replacememts either new or used seems to be difficult
Is the face life suspension a direct swap or did yiu have to do any work to get them to fit?

badman9

Facelift is a direct swap if swapping the entire assembly. The springs themselves are different to pre facelift since they are wound in opposite directions.

I often see used springs and struts online for sale. Are you UK based? Shouldnt be that hard to track down i dont think

Nd272

Facelift is a direct swap if swapping the entire assembly. The springs themselves are different to pre facelift since they are wound in opposite directions.

I often see used springs and struts online for sale. Are you UK based? Shouldnt be that hard to track down i dont think
thanks for clarification much appreciated, good to know.

i am based in Ireland , car is still on stock dampers it’s just the rear springs I’d need for now the fronts are in ok condition, I will keep my eye out on here and also eBay so thanks

badman9

If I spot anything will send it to you as well. Good luck!

What struts are you running right now? If you need to change the rear struts i used the KYB AGX from the ep3 and it works brilliantly for the price.

Nd272

Thanks !

it’s still on the stock ones as far as I know , previous owner puton some lowering springs is all, but I don’t like the reverse rake look, just want it ideally to be sitting just above the wheel arches front and back

perfect I will look them up !

Nd272

Thanks !

it’s still on the stock ones as far as I know , previous owner puton some lowering springs is all, but I don’t like the reverse rake look, just want it ideally to be sitting just above the wheel arches front and back

perfect I will look them up !
Also did yiu have to do anything extra to fit them if they are for ep3?

can those shock or springs be found in Europe?

badman9

Oh no man, I been to Ireland before, i promise Ireland's roads are better lol.

Let me put it like this, if DC5R was my only car, i'd say about 60% of Jamaican would not be possible for me to even drive on. Have a 4wd for the rough stuff.

That being said, I regularly hang out in an area called Irish Town in the Blue Mountains in Jamaica lol

Nd272

Oh no man, I been to Ireland before, i promise Ireland's roads are better lol.

Let me put it like this, if DC5R was my only car, i'd say about 60% of Jamaican would not be possible for me to even drive on. Have a 4wd for the rough stuff.

That being said, I regularly hang out in an area called Irish Town in the Blue Mountains in Jamaica lol
Yes but weather must be better over there I would say lol here it rains every other day

our motorways are good now but local roads not so good

i will have to check out replacement for springs and dampers just to have spare parts , not really sure I want coilovers but maybe eventually it may be an only option if I can’t find replacement for oem items

badman9

For me, I'm not so worried about the springs lasting, they should be fine, no rust here really. The bigger issue for me is what to do if the OEM facelift front struts go! There are no new aftermarket or OEM parts that fit. Do you buy used again? Do you rebuild (there are guys who rebuild struts in jamaica, but not sure it'll be to oem spec) etc

Always a worry, but there are no coilovers in my price range that work well out here due to the rough roads etc