Search results

1. VtecPaul

Temp issues

Does the needle drop again if you slow down or become stationary? Worth a check… if it does, I’d say your stat was stuck open and needing to be replaced. Basically not working keeping the car from reaching optimum operating temps.
  2. VtecPaul

5,000 miles honda DC5 help advice needed!

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  3. VtecPaul

5,000 miles honda DC5 help advice needed!

Perhaps it was used as a parts car by the importer to switch the good bits out into other cars they imported? Seats would be a 10 min job, tailgate straightforward too. Also note from some photos bits of interior trim are missing (A pillars). Or it could have had more damage than you think and...
  4. VtecPaul

Different clutch part numbers: 22200-PRC-003 vs 22200-RBC-003

It’s a good question! I can’t help unfortunately, but maybe my post here may get someone to respond for you :)
  5. VtecPaul

Spooner Restorations.

TGM are only just down the road from me. Could ask how much they charge to do it. Suppose I could remove it, drop it off, and then refit.
  6. VtecPaul

Replacing broken strut bar bolt

So there are plenty of other bolts in on the camber adjustment, but this one annoys me. It also means it’s a strut-out job to remove due to lack of access - unless it can be extracted from above. I still think there’s a lack of space anyway so May have to go down the strut removal route.
  7. VtecPaul

Replacing broken strut bar bolt

interesting, thanks!! As it happens, I have a snapped bolt in the top of my adjustable camber Meister Rs. Apparently it was done up far too tight and the garage snapped it when trying to adjust. I wonder if I can JB weld another bolt to the remaining bolt in the hole to try and extract it..
  8. VtecPaul

Rocker Cover Painted by “PrOfEsSiOnAl” advice

I’ve done several rocker covers before on other cars, but it’s never as good as a professional finish. But I’d only want to spend money with someone I knew would do a better job than me!
  9. VtecPaul

Oh wow - ok then! Thanks for the info.
  10. VtecPaul

Out of interest, who was it that did yours that failed? Need to make sure to avoid them (or do it myself)
  11. VtecPaul

Spooner Restorations.

@carl - are you able to find out if he has any DC5 rocker covers available still? I doubt it but if you don’t ask..
  12. VtecPaul

Driver's seat back movement?

That’s interesting! Didn’t see that link previously! I had searched keywords and everything, and used the links earlier in this thread. Ah well. Thanks!
  13. VtecPaul

They’re quite expensive now though. I’m going to see if my rotation has worked before progressing further.
  14. VtecPaul

New link from Capital Seating for anyone interested: https://www.capitalseating.co.uk/recaro-rollers-backrest-tilt-mechanism
  15. VtecPaul

Tegiwa heat shield - yes or no?

Ahhh, that’s a heatshield? Not what I expected for some reason, - I’ve got that fitted already just can’t see it under the filter.
  16. VtecPaul

I’ve managed to rotate the pegs/brackets that the seat back clips on to. I’ll take it for a drive and test soon!
  17. VtecPaul

Tegiwa heat shield - yes or no?

I didn’t even know these existed? Anyone got any photos of one fitted?
  18. VtecPaul

I could try wrapping some tape around them as an interim measure though I suppose
  19. VtecPaul

Yeah I have messaged. Heard nothing back yet. Apparently you can loosen and rotate the parts that the back hooks onto as they get worn - I’ll need to have another go at that as mine are very, very tight!
  20. VtecPaul

Thanks dude, but I wouldn’t have posted on here if the above links etc all still worked. Nothing on capitals website, and they also can’t get hold of the red fabric for the dc5 seats anymore (the “pineapple” weave stuff in the middle section of the seats. )