Search results

1. StuMcGrath

Advice on selling to breakers or Spares/Repair

DC5 got trailered away today by integrastella :xaiweb4: , decided wasn't really worth the cost/time to get it back working again to sell it compared to the price he offered. the last 11 1/2 years of ownership was fun now got the realisation that I'll be driving a X-Trail for the next 5 or 6...
  2. StuMcGrath

How cheap and where are you located ... ? Cheers... The DC5 isn't listed on Webuyanycar.com so not sure they would take it even if its working ? Cheers will give him a call if I decide to go that route.
  3. StuMcGrath

Hi All, My engine gave up on my teg with suspected "big end" issues last week and will be collecting my 2016 Nissan X-Trail at the end of the week. What's everyone's experience with selling to breakers or Spares/Repair ? (I'm in the Glasgow area.) Not sure if it's worth the effort fixing the...
  4. StuMcGrath

High Beams not working....?

did you get this fixed? My passenger high beam stopped working and the Blue indicator on the dash doesn't light up either? The passenger main HID is not working either but that went out a day or so before the high beam? Both Driver side lights are working though? cheers...
  5. StuMcGrath

Front Bumper & Headlight Removal

Cheers for the guide .. saved me a trip to the garage to change a HID bulb. U need a really really long socket extension as I needed to take a trip to Halfords mid job to get a longer one 😁 Note my bumper had a pop fastener on the very edge each side that wasn't in the guide. Connected the...
  6. StuMcGrath

When does your empty light come on?

when mine comes its above the Red empty marker (about 1/3 of the way between empty and the first marker) I can normally put in 43 litres to max it out again once the light comes on.
  7. StuMcGrath

Replaced JDM stereo .. do I need to remove the band expander?

Thanks for the info.... the dash is back together again but will disconnect the band expander when I get some time to take it apart again. cheers...
  8. StuMcGrath

Replaced JDM stereo .. do I need to remove the band expander?

HI.. After owning the car for 5 years got round to replacing the stereo :) Installed a kenwood KDC-BT92SD using an ISO connector (there was a mass of wires from the old stereo that I left in place as I didnt know what they were doing :) old unit was a flip out display CD unit plus another unit...
  9. StuMcGrath

Stereo Loom power connections

Hi.... I'm looking to install a USB charger in the single Din pocket rather than connecting one into the cigarette lighter so the wire are all hidden when not in use. I want it only to be powered when the ignition is on, is there any connections on the stereo wiring loom that I could use or...
  10. StuMcGrath

Section5 Facebook :)

liked .... ( facebook - MrMatic boabmatic)
  11. StuMcGrath

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

Swapped my K&N filter for a do-luck one ... K&N has been on for years and never cleaned , think it must have been super dirty as with the do-luck in now its revving and sounding much better .. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. StuMcGrath

Steering knocking when stationary

I had a similar sounding noise turning to the left and ended up in a snapped front left eibach spring 2 weeks ago. Not sure if the noise was due to the top mount which then snapped the spring or just the spring weakening? The garage did check the top mount and said it looked ok but gave it a...
  13. StuMcGrath

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

got my hands really dirty this weekend.... :xgrin: replaced the blown interior roof bulb with a new LED one and finally got around to replacing the bluey/white sidelights that the garage fitted ages ago with super bright white LED ones.
  14. StuMcGrath

snapped front eibach

yeah the garage cleaned and lubricated the top mounts to make sure they were ok before fitting the new springs.
  15. StuMcGrath

Are these springs OK to re-fit?

cheers... that pic was from 2008 at one of the few Scottish forum meets... it was right after that meet I ordered my eibachs after seeing all the lowered ones http://s12.photobucket.com/user/linzi94/library/DC5%20Meet?sort=4&page=1 really need the wheels refirbed but this outlay may delay that...
  16. StuMcGrath

just picked it up... your right it looks so much better now with the sportlines on the front. No probs getting into my driveway too xthumbup Also as bonus I got 4 x shocks/top mounts and 6 month old sportline springs for 130 quid so now got a spare set of shocks if I ever get probs. Got the...
  17. StuMcGrath

I needed the car back on the road so couldn't wait for a warranty claim but will drop them at mail and see what they say. cheers. That's what the garage recommended .. pick it up this afternoon so hopefully still gets in the drive. cheers for all the replies.
  18. StuMcGrath

cheers for the replies.... but it doesn't look like I need to put these on now. The garage I use has sourced me some 6 month old eibach sportline springs from another customer who just removed them to put on coilovers a few days ago. Only worry is that the front might be a bit low for getting...
  19. StuMcGrath

snapped front eibach

Resurrecting an old thread... did you get anything back from eibach on this... my front pro kit spring just snapped today too.
  20. StuMcGrath

Hi All, I've got eibach pro springs fitted on OEM shocks but one of the springs snapped today. I've still got my OEM springs but they look a bit rusty, would they still be ok to put back on the car? Or will I just need to buy a new set of springs? Thanks...