Search results

1. carl hammond

What oil for track days?

Mine is not used on the road much now apart from too and from tracks and I am still using 5/40 and I do all day stings with 20-30 min sessions (one 40 min one last year) and no issues ever mate
  2. carl hammond

New DC5

As said above but I wouldn't even bother with an RBC (for the money the gains are not worth it imo) you'd gain more out of the car by fitting better tyres and brakes/pads etc over an RBC or RRC.
  3. carl hammond

What oil for track days?

Mines pretty much only used on track (aside from too and from) and I use Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS 5w-40 NT+ Full Synthetic Engine Oil or Petronas Syntium 3000 AV 5w-40 Full Synthetic Engine Oil You can use any 5w-40 or you could go up to a 60 but bear in mind it'll be a lot thicker and...
  4. carl hammond

225 on standard rims

Glad all has worked out for you and it's performing how you'd like and hoped mate
  5. carl hammond

First Car! Help!

Hi, firstly congrats on the purchase and at such a young age. Are you based in the states as that will impact on what parts we can and cannot recommend as you have some stuff we don't here in the UK etc and so on. I have done a guide on suspensions, (oem, Spoon/Mugen mix setup, Bilstein and YS...
  6. carl hammond

geo setup help

Did you rear my reviews thread I gave the link too and and have you looked into suspensions are all? Other settings are useless to you as it all comes down to personal preference on how a car drives and feels but I have you oem and springs / damper settings I ran on a road and occasional track...
  7. carl hammond

geo setup help

That’s odd then as the rear cannot get that sort of camber on Oem arms mate it’s not physically possible as they are non adjustable? Who did the geo, I’d Highly recommend getting it re-done as uncles I’m reading that all wrong somehow none Of that makes sense. Without camber bolts and...
  8. carl hammond

geo setup help

The toe is 0 for the front which is neutral and normal mate but is yours a road or track car? Am I right in reading you’re running over 3 degrees rear camber and just around 1 on front I run over 3 on both front and rear as it’s only a track car but why are you running so much on the rear vs...
  9. carl hammond

OEM DECAT

Very unlikely. Mine was close but was out. Friendly or not it wouldn't make a diff as if the cats not visible and the emissions pass it's still a fail like if a cats present and emissions are out
  10. carl hammond

Suspension Reviews:

Thanks for the comment mate and wheel wise I am still using OEM's (two sets) one for road and one for track at present and I run 225/45/17 on a 7j rim (oem et60) . I am also considering a third set of wheels (non oem) and I will be looking at 7.5/8j with an ex around the mid 4's which I believe...
  11. carl hammond

**** Great News, Forum saved ****

Awesome thanks very much :)
  12. carl hammond

Hi, new to the forum.

Welcome to the forum mate and car looks like a great example and well maintained
  13. carl hammond

I have just come across an issue, I went to update page 1 of my build thread (which I have been doing since day 1) and I can no longer update it, there is a limit to char's and it's also removed some images somehow. Can the limit of text be removed so we can maintain the first pages of threads...
  14. carl hammond

225 on standard rims

Yes mate oem I run 225/45/17 on My oem’s on track mate
  15. carl hammond

BuddyClub N+ replacement top mounts?

These the same ? If so he maybe open to offers
  16. carl hammond

BuddyClub N+ replacement top mounts?

Got a pic of your topmounts mate? Tom (TGM) was at brands all day testing so that’ll be why there was no answer. mid yours are coilovers with adjustability (camber) then I’m 90% certain they won’t won’t with oem as oem are also quite big compared to others and have the bearing separate under...
  17. carl hammond

Hi mate it was good for a few hours but Still happening ☹️
  18. carl hammond

This was mentioned on Facebook mate and no need as you just upload pics now here as you couldn’t before
  19. carl hammond

Hi guys as I’ve said before the site looks amazing now, one thing I’ve found using my iPhone is that it won’t load nearly 70% of the time though. I have mentioned it on the Facebook page but even today 7 attempts of trying to get on before I could to write this. I am on the latest iOS on iPhone...
  20. carl hammond

Returning to the Red H life

Welcome back to the forum