Search results

1. S

Ferodo DSC2500

Brake Pads on DC5 We always used Pagid Yellows on our DC5. They would last 6to8 TDs and not fade or hurt the discs. They are expensive at £185 BUT they last three times as long as 2500 Ferodo and you won't spoil your TD's. Mardi Gras would run Ferodo 3000 'E's which is an endurance version...
  2. S

Anyone using TODA pistons/ cams rather than manifolds?

TODA seem to be the flavour in the States but what's your experience, if any?
  3. S

Steels Honda

Well pleased with that feedback--- --thanks! Take a bow David Johnson, he's our 'main man' on the parts side and works very hard at it. ( Well that's what he tells me!) :wink:
  4. S

Suspension too hard - help

Hi again Matt- spring&damper rates DC5 v EP3 Sorry I don't know. I've not driven a std road going DC5 so cannot give an opinion but I suspect that the DC5 would be stiffer for the reasons stated elsewhere. STD road JDM dampers are well hard and horrible , always have been. That's all Jap...
  5. S

Pics of GruppeM ram charger on DC5!!

K20 now? Have you bought a whole Honda or just a power unit? If the latter, is it a JDM? RW
  6. S

Suspension too hard - help

Sorry Trung you are wrong EP3 suspension does fit DC5. No problem. Unless you know something?
  7. S

Same exhaust as Civic

But if you stay with you CTR-- and want a 'proper' extra 7bhp, then fit the DC5 Manifold and CAT.(You will need to make up a 2.5" cat back.) I have those for sale at £700 incl.( cost new £1300 + vat)
  8. S

DC5 to England??

Reply to Trung/ Matt re DC5 v EP3 In order to achieve a comparison I built a CTR to DC5 spec and then modified the chassis's of both cars in a very similar way. So same BHP same chassis. from there I could make an evaluation. There was no difference over a lap. The cost differential would be...
  9. S

DC5 to England??

Reflections of a Honda Dealer. We would love a DC5 but not a Type R. Sorry but if that seems sacreligious we are sorry but simple economics would state that the car should be less specific with wider appeal, lower insurance and much better ride. Something that would replace Prelude, something...
  10. S

DC5 steering rack replacement!

DC5 hydraulic v EP3 electric. The DC5 rack will be very expensive. If you've spoken to Dave I guess he will have already have told you that you are likely to pay 4 figures. RW
  11. S

The Power Station Cheltenham. Since you ask, I 've found their print out and my DC5 developed 209bhp as did Jevo's on the same machine. My Civic with a custom exhaust and Mugen ECU developed 215 at the same place. These are reasonable enough to be correct. For comparison my Civic developed...
  12. S

What power increase do they claim? I'm always a bit cautious about these power claims because the intake requires cold air at, say, 60 mph plus which Dynos cannot provide, especially with a high intake such as this. Whilst talking about dynos, I was amazed to hear that my DC5 has now been...
  13. S

Hondata ECU

Thanks for that Jonster, Please scan me some dynos. Sorry to be so slow in responding but things have been a bit hectic. I am intrigued by the power increase of 9bhp for only £300!Not to mention the mid range improvement. I will be back in touch when I can see your dyno sheets. Thanks for...
  14. S

Hondata ECU

Are you sure young Jonster? The only reason that I ask is that I know only too well how easily the senses are duped once money is involved. Knowing you to be a very analytical sort of chap, please tell me how you arrived at 206 bhp at the wheels. Did you do a 'before and after 'on the same...
  15. S

HONDATA SEMINAR - UK RELEASE FOR K20 series ENGINES!!!!

Hondadata I'm away at that time but would very much appreciate as much help with information as you can send me. Regards RW
  16. S

Mugen Hi Spec Engine Oil

[b]We'll do a deal on Mobil 15/50 Motorsport.[/b] We use this in our DC5 and whilst it's expensive , we do at least 4 track days with complete confidence. Somehow we have ended up with too many 4ltr packs of MOBIL 15/50 Motorsport so if any one is interested . £6 litre plus VAT and PP...
  17. S

Mugen N1 damper kit

Yers, well OK BUT... -The car was almost undriveable that day because we didn't have any droop on the front, witness the dramatic progress! Our fault not Mugen's. Next time out at the same place showed that the car was compliant ,driveable and definately not as scarey!! In my view Mugen N1s...
  18. S

Mugen N1 damper kit

Mugen N1 Msg board, are you still running them, thinking about them, racing them or track days? I use them and they are super. Are you sure that you have cracked the very fiddly(criticism) front bottom adjustment? And Matt, I've run them at Combe, Oulton and on Herefordshire roads without...
  19. S

Impressive performance of Steel Honda's DC5

Sorry I've not come across them. I went the Dynamic route because I knew they were race worthy with slicks which put an enormous load on running gear. Do you know if they're 'race rated'? Because you will be on slicks in no time! The bonnet info was very helpful, thanks. See you soon.[/u]
  20. S

Impressive performance of Steel Honda's DC5

Re: What bonnet did you buy in the end? Sorry about my attempt to use "quote" there Jon, trying to run before -etc!