Search results

1. F

Inverted tie rod ends - anyone using them? (D2,J's racing?)

Have you guys experienced bump steer? I track my car monthly and I've yet to experience it. I'm currently in hpde 4 which is the group before race group and currently going into race group by jan. I've read about the inverted tie rod ends and how they help with bump steer but I've yet to notice...
  2. F

DC5 Rod through block

I assume he may be talking about people over revving the motor thus putting a hole in the block. In alot of cases here in the states some will mis-shift thier car. And will mistakenly go from 3rd gear at redline to 2nd while aiming for 4th gear. It happens, and during that instant the engine...
  3. F

Race Header on DC5R? what works?

The one that is available locally was from an EP3 with a K20A motor. I hope it works, the car is wicked fast so the header should help a bit. :) Thanks for all the help guys. :)
  4. F

Thanks mike, I looked as well and thought I was going crazy or blind for not seeing anything. My friend was looking into either the DC sports Race header, or SSR. Well my main concern was if it would clear the ITR sway bar and not have any clearance issues, but by the posts made it seems both...
  5. F

The header will be put into a DC5R, not the rsx type S. sorry for the confusion. :) Thanks mike for all the information.
  6. F

Also mikegsi, can you provide a link to the race header thread? Thank you.
  7. F

Very much appreciated Mikegsi. I run a type S down here in Arizona and track the hell out of it so my knowledge on a type S is good, but when it comes to fitment of certain parts on to a DC5R I know some problems might occur due to fitment and space issues regarding the sway bar and such so I...
  8. F

Ok guys, I have a friend who is tracking a DC5R here in the states and is looking into getting a race header to eliminate the bottle neck that is caused by the cat and smaller diamater header. Now I was curious as to what you guys run? DC sports Race Header Buddy Club Toda Mugen Also if you do...
  9. F

How to change front pads?

I did a write up a while back on another board. It was for a rotor and brake pad install, but it might help you. http://www.arizonarsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2145
  10. F

How 2 change g/box oil?

Its the bolt right above the drain bolt. You should be able to insert your ratchet without a socket and turn it.
  11. F

gearbox fluid. when do i need to change it?

I change my tranny oil every time I change my car oil which is ever 3000 miles. I track my car alot so I'd rather be safe then sorry.
  12. F

Is the RSX Type S the same as the DC5?

The skunk2 exhaust is ok, it will sit very high on and be really close to your rear lip. You will have to purchase extended rubber hangers to let the exhaust sit a little lower thou.
  13. F

DC5R guys, Q about rear offset?

Well I installed a ITR setup on my friends RSX-S and it looks even. If you only do the front it will be very noticable. The front wheels will be lined up with the fender where as the rear wheels will be sunken in more.
  14. F

Your opinion on suspension?

From what I have read it sounds like you just want you negative camber to angle a bit more on the positive side giving you that straight look instead of the negative camber look. I would look into an eibach rear camber kit which allows you to adjust camber (+3/-3) degrees of camber...
  15. F

DC5R guys, Q about rear offset?

You will need to do either on of two things. 1. purchase the rear ITR hub assembly which is easy to install or 2. purchase a 15mm spacer for your rear wheels. Both work, but honestly I'd go with the ITR rear conversion as well to complete the itr brake set up. If you do not do either the rears...
  16. F

Engine swop...

Well is this motoring going into a EP3 or a EK model? Regardless of the make you will need Hondata Kpro to make it work properly. Kpro allows you to manage all signals and reading to make the engine work. If you are just trying to swap motor/ecu/tranny/keys over you will need kpro, honda made...
  17. F

How long your brakes last?

I had a pair of Cobalt Friction GT-Sports and they were dead after 4 weeks of driving... So total miles were around 2k. :)
  18. F

Facelift change on a 02 DC5

Actually you will need bumper, hood, head light suppor brackets for front, rear bumper, rear tail lights , along with front head lights. Its a lot of cash just to look like a 05+ DC5R..I prefer the 02 still more myself. New DC5R looks to much like a civic.
  19. F

Newbie from the United States

The kit is an oem aftermarket kit offered here in the states. In japan its a moduel kit. When you purchase the car from acura you have an option to add the option lip kit which is exactly what you see there. Nice kit thou. Oh also welcome to the boards.
  20. F

Changing the final drive?

You can just get the JDM honda CRV FD, real cheap and it is a 5.1 gearing as well.