Search results

1. E

how many silver dc5's

I beg to differ. Silver cars are the quickest as they attract 0 unwanted attention and fly under the radar! You spot a white teg a mile off and for example in France they trigger the radar and you are done! Not being spotted gets my vote!
  2. E

Rolling speed

Deffo a quick car but I've for a feeling there was a power hike for the S-tronic cars too?
  3. E

Rolling speed

I went down to the Ring with a mate in an Audi S3 S-tronic (7speed DsG type gearbox) and I can confirm it was insanely quick even 5 up. I'd guess you would need a properly sorted DC5 to hang out wih it in a straight line the gearbox was insanely good a step up from DSG 6 speed and a slight step...
  4. E

Rolling speed

Focus Rs mk2 stock vs 250bhp ish DC5= exactly the same power to weight ratio so there shouldn't be much in it
  5. E

Need another Type R...so thinking DC5

Get a dealer/mate/contact to give you Citroen buyers numbers from Glass's guide, there will be a few. Call them and offer them. They will be traders but will deffo buy the car from you, question is at what price?
  6. E

What cars can the DC5 beat?

ab20000 - you're right to a degree, but (and this is from someone who has moved on from his DC5) I stick to my statement. Stock and stock, lets take for example an E46 M3 and DC5 on a lot of tracks there is little in it over the course of a few laps, broken down into, M3 tears off (power ad)...
  7. E

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

I thought it was a more immediate problem. Good luck hunting it down.
  8. E

What cars can the DC5 beat?

Ditto above, take it easy and find your limit then start to push yourself and you will find the car is still very much within its capabilities. With everything stock if you are able to not hang on the brakes too much anything with up to 350hp can be tangled with/overtaken over a few laps but...
  9. E

Lost 30hp 6k+ rpm

Could it be a bad batch of fuel? How many miles has the power been down/felt down? If nothing else has changed I would start there.
  10. E

Need another Type R...so thinking DC5

Hi Carl, Seem to remember your user name when I had my silver DC5. I ended up buying a silver DC5 all those years ago as I was doing my commute in it, and white/black would have killed me on cleaning duties & I didn't fancy blue. But after 5+ years the bit I liked best about it in silver (I...
  11. E

Whats the best Type-R?

fd2 would be my choice unless someone is offering k20 ek9/mk2 crx as an option. Driven 3 fd2's fwiw- superb drivers car but ugly IMO. Looks wise and bang for buck dc5 is unbeatable. New enough to be reliable. Comfy enough. Lots of room to use it as a daily or track slag (gear/wheels in back)...
  12. E

Ring this weekend 17/18/19/20th June Anyone?

heading over to the ring this weekend and wondered if anyone on here might be going as I've always bumped into a few people there in the past.
  13. E

Track Friendly Exhausts

Mugen twin loop with catless maxim mani- 86db static at Bedford (very sharp on readings)
  14. E

will i like a 5,after a dc2

Ditto above if you want to spend that much fd2 is at the top of the type r game.
  15. E

Dude, bloody hell its taken me like 2 days to work out where the post you sent me went!! haha...

Dude, bloody hell its taken me like 2 days to work out where the post you sent me went!! haha I've roped nnamdi into a ring trip....might be going June 16-21. you about? nnamd is prob flying back on the sunday, but we are in the throws of working out a plan.
  16. E

Do you think a DC5 is TOO easy to drive on the limit?

Thats because VXR's are doggy dooo! :unsure: Ok - joke, they are good motors, but are quite loose in their set up. DC5 is more of a precision tool for sure and designed for grip, the astra is if I remember correctly very tail happy out of the box (on track anyway), which is fun, but is also...
  17. E

=D> Good post. Agree. I drive an S2000 a fair bit too and totally get what you have just said. You need to be on your game to be pushing hard.
  18. E

Interesting points above, and yer I guess driver skill always comes into it. Have ot point out I was by no means willy waving driving skills just wanted opinions on the topic. But and this is a big but, yes you could possibly go faster with more time , better driver etc, but would going that...
  19. E

A random question but I was just looking back at some vids and pics of my old car and made me think....would I buy another DC5? Thing is I felt I had a handle on most of the bits the car was capable of (within reason) and perhaps thats why I sold up and moved on.........if I went back the...
  20. E

Valve Clearance Time

If you like driving your car at high rpm and enjoy a car that feels spritely personally I'd deffo get it done. Perhaps even consider it an annual job. All IMO of course, but from personal experience the car benefitted.