Search results

1. E

Ring this weekend 17/18/19/20th June Anyone?

heading over to the ring this weekend and wondered if anyone on here might be going as I've always bumped into a few people there in the past.
  2. E

Do you think a DC5 is TOO easy to drive on the limit?

A random question but I was just looking back at some vids and pics of my old car and made me think....would I buy another DC5? Thing is I felt I had a handle on most of the bits the car was capable of (within reason) and perhaps thats why I sold up and moved on.........if I went back the...
  3. E

DC5 vs Mini Cooper S GP...

DC5 VS Mini Cooper S GP Just wondering if anyone has come across one of these or maybe driven one? Looks to me they are a very similar match pace wise as a lightly modded DC5?Most of us here know the +'s of the DC5, here are some points I could think of on the Mini: Positives -fun -rare -light...
  4. E

Again fluctuating idle/revs, IACV/O2 sensor/anything else??

I've been hit with the fluctuating idle that many have had on here. :( So I tried giving it a blast at high revs to clear out the IACV. No joy. Then I took intake and throttle body off, cleaned out the IACV and even replaced it with a spare from my OEM throttle body which I know 100% was...
  5. E

KPRO. Getting old ECU Kal file and new Kmanager to work?

Right basically I wanted to do some datalogs on the car. When I try to do this the error message I get from the ECU is that the ECU calibration file is an older version to the Kmanager software I am running on my computer. Now I've got the .KAL file saved on my comp so reading around this...
  6. E

My car update road/track pics KPRO on and LIVE tuning vid

Well after doing a complete essay on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=20400&highlight= (lots of pics) I’m now going to try to tell a story with pics!! My DC5 is now running how I always wanted thanks to a tuned KPRO so here is a quick update and recommendation for Steve at FC Tuning...
  7. E

My car update (lots of photos & added dyno video)

Here is a quick update on my car Previously http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight= Peeling laquer forced a wheel refurb,and being the unwilling wheel cleaner I am I chose metallic black to cover up brake dust!! I managed to get the centre caps painted at the same time, added H...
  8. E

3.5 jack to RCA into headunit why only playing through rear?

Can anyone help, I'm sure its a simple thing but I really have no idea. I've connected my Ipod via its headphone jack using RCA cable (red and white). It plays, but there isn't a massive amount of volume and it only plays via the left and right rear speakers??? Is there any cure,or anything...
  9. E

For anyone considering Maximworks M-Bit Manifold

As some of you may have read I put this manifold on my car in December 2006, and have been pleased with it until a few months ago when I started to hear an "in gear" rattle.....anyway it turns out when you tap the manifold (which has a race CAT) the CAT section rattles like mad i.e its FUBARd...
  10. E

will CTR flywheel and clutch fit?Be the same weight?

I am getting some info together for a fix on my car and wondering 1) - if the EP3 clutch and the DC5 clutch are the same, seems they are but can anyone confirm for sure? 2) - if the clutch is the same then I guess the flywheel is too. I have searched but couldn't find the answer, I wanted to...
  11. E

Plagued by stone chips on DC5...anyone else?

Hi all, I've had my DC5 for ages now and thought it was just unlucky that I had picked up so many stone chips on the front bumper and lower spoiler which lately have been bugging me...... ....anyway to cut a long story short I took the plunge and got the front bumper resprayed the other week...
  12. E

FN2 Civic R gearnob, will it fit DC5???

I know it is early days with the FN2, I have been thinking of changing my gearnob as I find it a bit too small for my bear hands! The new 6sp Civic Type R nob looks like it would suit the car well, just wondering if we reckon it would fit?? Any thoughts?
  13. E

K20 loves breathing mods! Rolling road again today....MPG +

I don't post that much on here but have been slowly building my DC5 up, using only the best mods I can afford where possible, and going with what I have read/heard/found out with other Hondas out there, and Hondas I have owned and driven. When I got my DC5 I took it to the local rolling road...
  14. E

I've got me a Mugen Twinloop

just picked it up today, oh yes, so pleased, been looking for the right exhaust for ages and finally decided to get the mugen last week..... one lucky call later, and hey presto a nearly new twinloop was mine. just cleaning it up a bit and will fit it tomorrow and have a blast, can't wait (sad...
  15. E

connecting a Bluetooth kit up to DC5??

Has anyone tried this?? My problem is the wires on the stereo have been cut and shut to match a Kenwood connector. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g228/ ... C00775.jpg I guess normally to get the telephone mute function I would need to wire in a sort of mid connector which would have the...
  16. E

Intermediate shaft heatshield bolts x 3?anyone know part #??

I've traced an annoying rattle :x to the three bolts that hold the intermediate shaft heat shield up (or the culprets are more likely the mesh like washers attached to the bolts), just wondering if anyone knows the part number for replacements?? If its any help see page 816 of the manual...
  17. E

Standard CAT on DC5 Vs Spoon DeCAT

Does anyone have anything solid showing good gains from taking the standard cat off and using the Spoon de cat?? I know that when i put mine on (with Gruppe M), peak fly HP went up 16BHP!! But to be honest i think it has lost quite a bit of torque lower down.... ????
  18. E

how much difference to pick up/acceleration??

was wondering how much difference sticking a set of lightweight wheels, (perhaps Volk CE28 - purely for the weight factor not bling honest :D ) would make to the throttle response / acceleration (0-60 and in gear pulls), and general pick up of the car?? I guess it would make quite a bit of...
  19. E

has anyone bored out the standard 4-2 manifold??

i remember seeing a post on here showing a picture of someone who had bought a toda manifold or similar and decided whilst they had the toda on the car they would play around port matching their OEM manifold???? does anyone have that picture?? has anyone else done this?? cheers Ed
  20. E

de cat with no CEL??how??

i've just de catted the car and at first when hooked back up the car threw a CEL (engine management). the light has now gone out and stayed out?? don't get it???? i'm guessing the ECU is designed for different emissions to a CTR (as my friend has a CEL with his de cat that came on and stayed...