Search results

1. H

Hondata ECU .. Is your car running lean?????

If the car feels better to drive, what does a few peak figures matter?
  2. H

How do you know it lost power? Unless the car was RRed on the same day without the Hondata, you dont know. For all we know Michael's car may be producing a very healthy figure.
  3. H

Time to get rid of the shopping trolley and get a proper car mate :lol: The mods you have are fine Mike. The problem is - the Hondata is not specifically tuned to your particular car :( But that wont matter soon :wink: *cough* 179 BHP at the wheels *cough* :wink:
  4. H

HKS Induction?

Still not right :shock: :lol: :wink:
  5. H

HKS Induction?

Open air filters can make lots of power (but not always) on a RR because of many reasons: Bonnet is open, allowing lots of cold air to get to it (which wouldnt happen in normal driving). The run is only short and doesnt reflect a real world situation full of stop-starts, crawling through...
  6. H

Better to be safe than sorry! Have you seen the times for the RR day?
  7. H

Mark, When you go to the RR in March you will have another DC5 to compare to. The data recieved from this will be far more useful than grabbing 200/210/220 figures from the air by running on your own. Remember - peak figures arent the be all and end all. In fact, many of these sport/race ECUs...
  8. H

How much worth in these bits?

As said before, let me know when you plan to sell the wheels and tyres.
  9. H

How much worth in these bits?

DC5? I'll give you £20 for the alloys and tyres :lol: :wink:
  10. H

HKS Induction?

THe main prob with induction kits: Even if you have a heatshield, cold air feed etc, once in slow moving traffic or stopped, the intake will draw in warm air and cause the ECU to retard which will lose power. Honda ECU is very sensitive to this.
  11. H

Grounding Kits

You can actually create the same effect by cleaning and regreasing the battery terminals :lol: Might show a slight improvement on a 20 year old car...
  12. H

Grounding Kits

Nope, waste of time I'm afraid.
  13. H

Want to buy a DC5

Probably a cost/time/effort issue.
  14. H

2nd Gear Synchro

Which will uneccesarily put load on the gearbox, like I told you before :P :roll: :wink:
  15. H

Want to buy a DC5

Actually, since they stopped using double wishbones for the front suspension on both the DC5 and EP3, ultimately on track it is less capable than other Hondas using the double wishbone (for ex the new Euro-R).
  16. H

Want to buy a DC5

Bit of a generalisation tbh. Not all VTEC engines use lots of oil. Mine, for example, used a lot of oil when I bought it, then when I started using 0W 40 Castrol it has hardly used any since (about a year on this is still the case). Some of the K20 engines may be using a lot of oil because...
  17. H

Toda and Comptech Manifold Comparison

But... with a race cat you (a) dont have to swap the cat back and forth at MOT time (b) are being more environmentally friendly and (c) will probably lower the overall exhaust noise which is especially helpful for trackdays.
  18. H

Toda and Comptech Manifold Comparison

Also consider the H&S manifold :idea: Allegedly (Mike can confirm this) - the manifold/race-cat/catback made 20 BHP extra (not sure about torque). Since the major restrictions are supposed to be in the manifold/cat this is a pretty good result and worth considering is it not? Also their...
  19. H

Just picked up the Toda Race manifold!!

Are Japanese racing teams any better than British (for ex) racing teams because their welds look slightly neater :?: :roll: