Search results

1. C

10 Things You Didn't Know About a DC5

Red recaros are the coolest because........Ironman!!!
  2. C

10 Things You Didn't Know About a DC5

The 12v power socket doesn't work on every DC5 imported into the UK because.....the fuse is blown.
  3. C

Winter Tyres.

Thread revival. I've got a longer commute to work this winter, so I'm thinking of buying some steelies and winter tyres. Is there updates to this thread and what tyre is best?
  4. C

The "what have you done to your DC5 this weekend" thread

My DC5 is going in to the dealers for its service and MOT on Tuesday, and is also getting new discs and pads. On Wednesday, it's going back into the body shop to get the rear bumper sorted as the fit and finish was dreadful and in all honesty, it was a sub-standard repair. This is how bad it...
  5. C

Any DC5 owners in Carlisle?

A massive thank you to jpstyper who kindly donated his DC5 for comparison to mine. As soon as the cars were compared, it was obvious that mine wasn't right and the bodyshop agreed to book mine back in for adjustment. Thanks mate. Much appreciated. :xcheers:
  6. C

Any DC5 owners in Carlisle?

fotrt
  7. C

I'm done with JDM

It's
  8. C

I'm done with JDM

11 m
  9. C

When did you buy your DC5?

April 2006 with approx 38,000 miles on it and still loving it now with 56,000 miles. \0/
  10. C

Sad, unhappy Recaro

Inspired by a thread on another forum.......
  11. C

Front calipers

Yeah it is my daily drive, so the car being off-the-road with no calipers isn't an option. So crappy looking pink calipers is in my future. :(
  12. C

Front calipers

Oh dear, didn't think they'd be *that* expensive. Oh well, that's that idea knocked on the head. :(
  13. C

Front calipers

I've researched the refurb route before and I can't do it due to my disability, (I can't even change a wheel myself...too much bending down), and visiting TGM is out as it's a 12 hour round trip, as I live in south scotland. My dealer has quoted me £296 for discs and pads fitted, which is not...
  14. C

Front calipers

My DC5 is needing new front discs and pads shortly and as my front Brembo calipers are looking very secondhand, I want to replace them with new calipers. Does anyone have a guide to price and availibility from a Honda dealer. TIA
  15. C

The difference of tyre dressing..

Despite trying other brands of tyre-dressing, I always come back to Autoglym. I feel it's easier to apply and a quick wipe with a terry towel gives a nice even application and dries it off quickly.
  16. C

Cleaning the roof plastic trim and gully

Thanks for the guide, this has been on my todo list for far too long.
  17. C

Mileage "calibration" questions....

No idea where this came from.
  18. C

Today's MOT experience

So I had the DC5 MOT'd and it passed as usual, with flying colours. \0/ I normally get it MOT'd when it's serviced, (at full price), but this time was seduced by a national chain's half-price MOT offer. I also managed to sucessfully side-step their insistence on up-selling, 'shall we service...
  19. C

Rear bumper availability

How readily available is a pre-fl rear bumper? I've pointed the bodyshop in the direction of Dave J @ Steels but they seem to be having trouble sourcing that and associated parts. I think JDM may be out of their comfort zone.