Search results

1. R

Buying a 2001 DC5-r

AU Domestic Market DC5's are watered down somewhat - same engine as UK EP3 I believe. Not sure if Australia allow imported JDM cars.
  2. R

How far have you gone with the light on?

Ah. On a trip back from London to Bristol the light came on before Swindon. I was proudly explaining how marvellous Honda fuel economy was to my nipper when it just stopped! 3 miles from home. So, 50'ish miles at 70mph with the light on on level ground. The missus was smirking for months as she...
  3. R

Careful where you park your car. Envy isn't always good!

They do it because they are jealous. However, you'll still be driving a monster whilst their f**king around in a '89 Nova. Twats! Gutted for you.
  4. R

FAO people insured with Privilege.....

You need to be very careful they have the right car! I went through the whole process of getting a quote from them during which I finally got them to recognise it as a 2.0 and not a 1.8. It was only after I had hung up that I realised that the fact that the car was imported from Japan (and not...
  5. R

-

OK guys, if they're all the same then that's good enough for me. It was only because a rozzer was behind me for 20 miles on the M4 that I'd stuck at 79mph for so long. Otherwise, I doubt I would have ever noticed. Thanks for all the replies!
  6. R

-

I've got the standard reflash - your old one if you remember Mark! VTEC engages at 5200. Guy at CPL thinks it may need more octane boost but the car has been running fine for the last 4 months. Perhaps it's K-PRO time? Thanks for your input guys.
  7. R

-

-
  8. R

Got my Christmas present yesterday (Dec 21)

I'm still waiting for my paperwork for the DC5 I bought from them in Dec 2003. :(
  9. R

Service Intervals

Surely the 6 monther/6250 miler is in order what with the potential oil issues with VTEC's. Just a suggestion. For £100, better to be safe than sorry.
  10. R

DC5 & 100 RON

Having gone from a CTR to a DC5 Integra, I can promise you faithfully - you won't get beaten at the lights! CTR's have poor traction and can be lethal on corners in the wet. Not saying DC5's don't have their pulling away problems mind you. This issue is easily resolved though with a Hondata ECU...
  11. R

Max RPM at standstill

I have noticed this myself although I think it may be that the V-TEC will not cut in when cold. A few other threads discus this subject in more detail. Our Japanese cousins are just so switched on with engine management technology. It's amazing!
  12. R

Anybody know the answer to this.....................

On my old DC2, I had 17" Accord Type-R wheels. It looked smart but was a nightmare on uneven surfaces. It would quite literally grab the steering wheel out of your hands. All part of the fun I thought :P . I was told it was because of the LSD, which, of course, the DC5 has too.
  13. R

DC5R Facelift

...as if there aren't enough shoe shops!
  14. R

DC5R Facelift

Dunno if any of you have seen this site: http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-artic ... _id=262704 Loads of pics of the 2005 RSX are on it.
  15. R

DC5 Floor mats!!

Only thing is: the kosher Honda Integra mats are well nice quality as opposed to the crappy Civic ones I paid extra for when got my new EP3 Civic. I'm sure your local Honda dealer can get the proper ones. I'm also sure they won't be cheap. Around £100 I believe.
  16. R

silly oil checking question... *URGENT PLS!*

Funny that. I've had 5 VTEC engined cars now and none have so much as used a drop. I do check often though. There are some horror stories out there. :cry:
  17. R

Knock Sensor - Beware!

Nope. 2001 DC5 of the 165mph variety. :D
  18. R

Knock Sensor - Beware!

Meaning that the knock sensor is at the front of the engine on a DC5 and at the back on an EP3.
  19. R

Knock Sensor - Beware!

NOTE: It may appear that some Honda dealers can source this part much sooner - 10-14 days even.
  20. R

Knock Sensor - Beware!

I thought I'd get my Hondata Manifold Gasket fitted by the pro's at Honda, but they've broken the connector off of my knock sensor. Now the car has the engine management light on permanently. They are gonna fix it for free but BEWARE! The part is going to take 4-6 weeks to get here! It fits to...