Search results

1. J

2021 Trackdays - Who's doing what?

I've got Castle Combe booked for 9th April. Im excited already as it's the first one this year and only my 2nd trackday in this car so will be good to learn a bit more about it. I've done a few trackdays before though, mainly in my old EP3 .:-).
  2. J

Not sure if the car is overheating or not.

If the car overheats it normally brings the engine managment light on ( Had it once on track when coolant was low ). Error code says " Engibe coolant over temp range / condition ". The error code was P0217.
  3. J

JDM Combe - Saturday 6th June 2020

I'd like to attend this and meet some of you guys. Can't quite commit to it atm but would be great to catch up with peeps. And I love Castle Combe circut. Got a trackday booked there for April ( fingers crossed it goes ahead )
  4. J

Pads

A bit late to the party , Motul RBF 600 is great fluid, I've always used it on track and never boiled fluid yet The key is decent pads . I've recently been using Brembo HP2000 pads on the road and done a trackday with them. There about the same spec or slightly better than the Ferodo DS2500...
  5. J

Most driveable set up

Fujitsubo RMA01 , Hondata K100 ( mapped 233bhp approx ) and a set of spoon lowering springs. Clockwise motion baffled sump. The ride will be firm but complient. With the Hondata ( or any mappable ECU ) the Vtec point can be lowered ( anything from 4500-5200rpm depending on how engine reacts )...
  6. J

Car is laggy when put foot down

I had lag on mine and it turned out to be the inner flexi pipe that was collasped on my Exhaust manifold. Took ages to figure that out m had a compression test on engine and everything before looking at the manifold Inner flexi. Might be getting it to someone and take off the pipe and have a...
  7. J

Question around mapping

A bit late to the party but I had this on my CTR EP3 ( shares the same caliper ) .. For me it was the silder pins. Just check to see if they are moving freely, if there not then remove them and greese them up. You may as well do both sides .
  8. J

Borrowed an FD2 for an hour :)

You gotta go FD2 I rekon. More rare, great track car as you like Long sprints .
  9. J

Progress is being made, will be complete before Jakan close!

Good going Mike. Hope everything pans out for ya mate. Have a good trip. And I'll speak to you when you come back. Take it easy .. and don't spend to much out there :lol: :!:
  10. J

I'm doing it!!! (Donington 28th April)

Hi Dinx, See ya there,, I'll be in a silver CTR ,, if you see me in the pits come and say Hi ! . My Friend in his Focus RS is comming as well.. should be good.. Donington is my Fav circuit ..esp crainer curves ! Roll on 23rd April :lol: