Search results

1. cfoster

DC5 carpet removal.....

Hi all, I am hoping to get the carpet out of my DC5 and run my audio cables neatly and seperated. I'm ripping out my boot build and installing them under each front seat. Whats the easiest way of getting the carpet out, is it a case of removing front seats (4 bolts on each I presume?)...
  2. cfoster

A few donks.... which bush?!

As above over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a few 'donks' here and there especially when first driving the car. Feels like a bush or top mount maybe but not sure where to start. I havent jacked up yet due to weather and time but was wondering it there is a mechanical diagram of the...
  3. cfoster

What colour to wrap my dc5?!

Ive been umming and aaaring whether to do it but pretty much decided that I want to wrap the Teg in a different colour. I know the vinyl wrapping lark is not to everybodys taste but i'm on my third DC5 now, first one being black, then white and currently white so fancy a bit of a change. Its...
  4. cfoster

Show us your non standard white alloys!!

I'm after a new set of wheels for my CW DC5 and fancy doing them white but not standard ones... I currently have a set of black CTR alloys on there but fancy a change?!! Sooo!! Show us your DC5's with white wheels!! (not standard ones!!) I need some ideas! Cheers Chris
  5. cfoster

DC5 or new shape Civic Type R?

Hi all, in a bit of a dilemna at the moment so thought i'd seek some expert Honda advice! In short I am in a position where I cannot sell my current car (Merc SL500) so have decided to keep it and buy a 'runabout' of which top choice was a DC5. Now i've had 2 of them in the past and absolutely...
  6. cfoster

STOLEN - HS51XDL - WHITE DC5 Friday 29th 20:00

Just taken 2 Asians out for a test drive and got carjacked - HS51XDL - white with bronze wheels. Shaken at the moment but they advised they lived in Wood Green. Shit
  7. cfoster

The louder end of the exhaust scale......

I've seen various exhausts for sale and quite fancy getting one for my dc5 if it doesnt sell in the next couple of weeks. Now I know the mugen twinloop etc are fairly quiet but which ones are on the louder end of the scale. I dont use the car a lot so fancy something fairly loud!! I'd only be...
  8. cfoster

Future Pricing of DC5s....

What are peoples predictions?!! Do you think they'll continue to plummet in price as they are at the moment (along with all other cars) or will they settle at a certain level? Could we even see a rise in price once the c.crunch stuff comes to a halt in however many years? Was going to put...
  9. cfoster

Quick DC5 / Civic question...

As above does anyone know if civic's came with HIDs as standard/optional extra, and are the ballasts the same as the DC5 ones? The ballast on my drivers side headlight has decided to give up the ghost so on the hunt for one, just thought that if the civic ones are the same it may make my search...
  10. cfoster

How much is this worth and is it any good?!!??

Looking at buying an exhaust for my DC5 (cat back) and spotted this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=022 What sort of money would that go for generally, or is that a good price? Also I presume that only having that and my Injen CAi on the car a remap isn't necessary...
  11. cfoster

'Vehicle Dynamics' on Double DIN screen

About 20 odd seconds into the below link the double din screen has a button saying 'vehicle dynamics' and when he clicks it brings up the cars instrumentation on the screen 8) . Does anyone know if this is available on all screens or part of something else? I was about to buy an Alpine Double...
  12. cfoster

Exhaust question......

hi all, Would fitting a cat back exhaust to my pre facelift DC5 require any re-mapping or anything. The car is standard bar an Injen CAI. Not after massive performance gains, just a bit nicer noise to be honest!! Chris :)
  13. cfoster

Changing the shocks, anything else worth changing??

As above i'm fitting my springs this weekend hopefully and was thinking whilst the shocks are off it there anything that would be worth changing at the same time? Top mounts, anything at the rear etc, just so it saves the agg of removing the shocks again in the near future?? Never really worked...
  14. cfoster

Too many spring / shock / coilovers to choose from!!!!

I had y car on a ramp yesterday and noticed that one of the rear shockers was weeping a bit so obviously it needs replacing. Now I have a set of Eibach springs which I bought off of a member of here which I was going to fit. However, i imagine if I put the lowered spring on a standard shock it...
  15. cfoster

Clutch Release Bearing question....

Help!! If I am getting a slightly annoying squeak from the engine bay when my clutch is not pushed down, then as I press the clutch in slightly (about 1/2 inch) the noise disappears can I presume that this is my release bearing? It happens whether I am sitting there in neutral or whether i'm...
  16. cfoster

Some ideas please!!

As some may know i'm off to Le Mans soon and as per tradition all the cars are stickered up! (my first time but the other lads cars who went last year looked superb!!) I need some ideas on how to do mine!! My first idea was to cover the car in the 'Paul Smith' vertical stripes all over it...
  17. cfoster

Has anyone had this rattle before?? Seems an odd one!!

I drove into the City last night for my nightshift (first time ive taken the Teg up there) and when driving through the bumpy potholey roads I noticed a terrible rattle coming from the drivers side front wheel. Never heard it before but since driving home every largish bump i go over it...
  18. cfoster

My first annoying rattle!!!!!

As above, i've noticed over the last week or so a really strange rattle coming from the clutch / gearbox. Its only a very quiet noise but it wasnt there when i bought it!! Having done a search on here most people seem to be getting the rattle (clutch release bearing?) when engaging gear...
  19. cfoster

Does anyone know what this is called?! *urgent!*

As above I've been fitting my Injen CAI and decided to break the plastic tube off side of the part in the picture when removing it :oops:. Does anyone know what this plastic part is called, and what it does? Obviously coming from the standard airbox it must be some kind of breather but is it...
  20. cfoster

6.5" speaker adaptors??

Where can i get a set from?! Is it a case of american ebay or does anyone over here supply them? Cheers Chris :)