Search results

1. J

Mugen Intake

Hey, How come no one ever talks about the Mugen intake? How does it match up to the Injen CAIs that get so much attention?
  2. J

Oil coolers?

Hi Louis, From my previous post, my oil temp is running 78. If 90-100 is the average temp then I guess I'm running cooler than most :D I've got a friend driving an EP3 and he's doing about 85, but 100 seems abit high don't you think? If your temp is reading of a sandwich plate then it's...
  3. J

Oil coolers?

Since it's off the sandwich plate, I think the reading should be more accurate. In that case, you should be ok.... I think. Oil coolers are nice to have but if improperly located, could actually increase your oil temp rather than lower it. I haven't got one on mine for fear of losing oil...
  4. J

Oil coolers?

Wow dude! You're running 90-100 on motorway cruises? What RPM are you running at and what engine mods do you have? Cruising at about 3300 to 3500RPM shouldn't get you anywhere close to 85 degress C (ambient temp dependant). In singapore, average temp is about 32 and my oil temp (reading of the...
  5. J

Which coilovers?

Hypermax aren't too good. Give em' a miss fer sure. Mugen shockers will drop you a noticeable bit and I hear they're ok (haven't driven one yet and I'd like to give it a try). If I'm remember correctly, they are the OEM shocks but re-valved.. re-gressive valving or not, I don't know...
  6. J

DC sports or JR headers?

Cool... DC sports it is! :D Unless of course some kind soul is willing to sell me a set of used Spoon extractors. My friend went over a pot-hole and it ripped a hole in the flexihose on the todas :cry: There's no real way to fix it except to cut that part off and replace it. The welder has...
  7. J

engine bay earth bonding kits?

I heard from a local sound system expert that the grounding for the newer cars are already very good and a supplement system is not required. However, the older cars before 2000 may benefit from this. Since I don't know jack about this stuff, I'll just take it from whoever has more credibility...
  8. J

AEM V2 vs AEM CAI

I've never experienced it myself but it's always made me nervous as hell going through floods no matter how shallow cause sometimes you never know until you're in it. I finally removed it just for the peace of mind. I have however heard the mechanics at the garages telling me that they know afew...
  9. J

DC sports or JR headers?

Hey all, wadda you guys think of the two headers? I'm on a budget so I can't get the damn todas or spoons. :(
  10. J

AEM Engine Management!

Where does the Mugen N1 ECU stand in all this competition? It's fairly popular here in Singapore.. well, actually, it's the only ECU I know besides FCON VPRO that any EP3 or DC5 owners here have explored. The reviews on the FCON isn't great (could be the tuner), but the N1 mugen ECU seems to be...
  11. J

Witch Air Intake

If most Jap tuners stick to the stock box, I don't think they can be too far off the mark although I'm sure there are better systems out there like the mugen box and the GruppeM.
  12. J

JDM DC2 vs DC5

Dude, If you're comparing the DC2 and DC5, I think the DC5 is going to be a faster vehicle stock for stock but the DC2 definately handles better and in my opinion, has alot more aftermarket parts. In japan, the DC2 is still the all time favorite.
  13. J

Witch Air Intake

Dude, go for it. No regrets. I did it for a friend with a JDM EP3. This is what he said,"WOAH!!". Nuff said...
  14. J

Witch Air Intake

Go for a cold air intake type system. The K20 is very sensitive to temperature so an open pod filter in the engine bay may not be the best thing around for performance. Some jap tuners even prefer the stock box with the panels and ribs removed.
  15. J

Type R residuals

I drive the DC5 but I still lust for the DC2. Some people feel that the DC2 still handles better.
  16. J

silly oil checking question... *URGENT PLS!*

5.2L of oil? I thot it was about 4.7 or 4.8
  17. J

Has anyone put on Apex N1 Type V Damper Kit on dc5 type R?

Hey dude! I'm looking at those dampers too! The type pro ones have some serious reviews by japanese drivers. Dunno about the type Vs but it's less hard core and more affordable. How much issit?
  18. J

Which coilovers?

Yeah... heard good stuff about Ohlins too but for the price I'm paying for the base model, I can get top of the line coilovers from Apexi and the jap drivers have said good things about it. I've put in a set of cusco anti sway bars and shit they feel good. Car points very well. Can't imagine...
  19. J

induction

From what I've read from japanese hyper rev magazine. The stock box is already considered high flow box (but I think the filter element needs to be changed). The K20A engine is very sensitive to temperature so if you can have some kinda cold air feed into the stock box, that should do fine. The...
  20. J

Which coilovers?

Yeah, I've heard the same NONOs about TEINs. Maybe the only one worth buying are the RAs. I'm looking for something that is drivable on the streets too but good on tracks. After some research, I'm looking at bilsteins but don't want to limit my options just yet. Hmm.. AST. I should look those up...