Search results

1. rarerims

Urgent Help Anyone?

Type R Dan's wheels are the original bronze :) the same colour as on the Torques you originally had. J
  2. rarerims

Urgent Help Anyone?

Mike, These are the same colour as the Torques you originally had, as I explained on the telephone, the lighting can make them look different shades of bronze/grey.. I think you opened them at the couriers, possibly under strip lighting or similar, which made them look more grey than you had...
  3. rarerims

What are my wheels worth?

On ebay I would say they will go for £350 - £400 They are pretty unusual being the full polished ones. Im suprised that G Man only got £200 for his boosts, we usually get good money for s/h Rota on ebay.
  4. rarerims

Metal Tyre Valves

Are the Valves in your volks the standard size, or the 6mm type? I do the 6mm 'jap' valves.. They are £14 delivered for the four.
  5. rarerims

Some Advice on DC5 price

I would say £4.5k Cars have dropped a lot in the last few months
  6. rarerims

Wheel Fitment

Wheels will be fine, no issues, tyre size however will probably cause rubbing issues.
  7. rarerims

New wheels again, 17x9" all round

245.40.17 wouldnt work without some camber , or a slight arch pull (rather than just a roll) with a et40+ I reckon it could be done J
  8. rarerims

winter tyres ???

Well worth the money, although most places are now out of stock! - Not really worth buying part worn, as the tread depth makes a much larger difference than with 'standard' tyres. You also want fairly fresh ones (not years old)
  9. rarerims

Would 17x8 ET48 fit ok with 225/40?

I was referring to these needing a roll the 17x8 et48 will NOT need a roll, 100% they will bolt straight on :) Et30 will need a roll Et35 you will be very close, but more than likely will require a roll does this help?
  10. rarerims

Would 17x8 ET48 fit ok with 225/40?

I would say highly likely to need an arch roll. J
  11. rarerims

pros n cons of this wheel fitment

Absolutely Dave, it just stiffens the sidewalls somewhat, with a soft walled tyre, in my opinion its beneficial, as you dont get the tyre rolling around on the rim.
  12. rarerims

pros n cons of this wheel fitment

Falken for example, allow a 225 on a 9.5" rim - you'll have no issues with a 235 on an 8.5" Without trying to start a war, how will having what appears to be a 225 on a 9.5" rim (as ive mentioned above, approved by Falken) make it handle like a POS? The only effect that is noticable from...
  13. rarerims

17x9 45offset

The width of the wheel doesnt make a noticable difference when it comes to rubbing, rubbing is down to two things, width of TYRE, and offset. A 17x9 et45 with a 225.45.17 will clear in my opinion, as easily as a 17x7.5 with an et45. The tyre Tread doesnt get any wider with wheel width, and...
  14. rarerims

Mad Motors

Good guy Rob (the owner) works like a trooper Good prices, wont let you down J
  15. rarerims

Best track day tire for summer road use?

My vote is AD08 as a fast road/occassional track tyre the down side of an R888/Ao48 is standing water, and the Ad08, whilst not offering the wet performance of an out and out 'wet' tyre (Eagle F1 etc) are a lot more usable that then R888 etc J
  16. rarerims

Whats it worth? JRSC

I'll give you a grand :xlol:
  17. rarerims

OMG rear diffuser!

I have one of those they were made by a guy on honda-tech.com They were original made for the DC2, I know dixon had one originally, maybe he copied it?
  18. rarerims

wheels problem

Without getting too scientific, if baked too hot your wheels can be considerably weaker than they were beforehand. If baked at a reasonable temperature, there SHOULDNT be a problem.
  19. rarerims

wheels problem

Spoke size doesnt really come into it, and p1's arnt exactly thick spokes!!