Search results

1. chrisr111

My experience with 200bhpcars.

I've entrusted Andy with over £60k of my cash and cannot rate him highly enough. Yes he is a small business ie just him, which means he can sometimes be difficult to get in-touch with, and yes he now works from home, but this is of benefit to his customers as he's trying to keep his overheads...
  2. chrisr111

best wheel cleaners?

An alkali can be as caustic as a acid. When I was a lad we used to use caustic soda (sodium hydroxide, NaOH) to strip the anodising off bicycle alloy rims, needed to be careful not to damage the aluminium...... Chris.
  3. chrisr111

Heater problem

The heater might not be getting hot because of an airlock. The heater matrix might be the highest point in the system which can make it tricky to bleed. I feel sorry for you, this is not the first horror story I have heard form someone who has had their car 'tuned' by Gunter / XO motorsport...
  4. chrisr111

mugen strutt problem

Nope, there is only one part number listed for pre- and post facelift: 74300-XK5-K0S0 Don't take this the wrong way Aideen, but are you sure yours is genuine? Chris.
  5. chrisr111

mugen strutt problem

FWIW I've got a facelift with a Mugen front bar which does not interfere with the standard bonnet. Chris.
  6. chrisr111

Honda Sat nav

They could be for the steering wheel controls and/or for the voice control. Chris.
  7. chrisr111

mugen assist meters?

I've got Mugen assist meters in my facelift DC5. They do not obscure your vision and they have white dials which match the white dials of the facelift dash perfectly. The Mugen pod and dials are of excellent quality and look OEM. Chris.
  8. chrisr111

Which setup with MUGEN N1 ECU?

I beg to differ, the Mugen N1 ECU will work with Toda cams. It is capable of more than most realise. But I agree that a K-Pro will be the better option provided it is mapped well. Chris.
  9. chrisr111

Which setup with MUGEN N1 ECU?

The Mugen ECU will work with the cams but you will probably also need an uprated (Mugen do one of these) or adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You should get better gains with a mapped Hondata. Chris.
  10. chrisr111

Mugen Titanium Race Exhaust System

It's not Ti, it's stainless steel. Chris.
  11. chrisr111

sexy ce28's

17x9 +63 is the Volk spec for the rear of an S2000. Chris.
  12. chrisr111

Engine Blown!

Wrong, broken or loose sparkplug..... Chris
  13. chrisr111

RBC Help Needed ASAP

There's an adaptor plate which goes in between the RBC and the DC5 throttle body, you are using one, aren't you? Chris.
  14. chrisr111

Mugen DC5, if only it was for sale over here!

Project is right, they are the Mugen Assist Meters - I've got them in my car. I'm sure a few other people on the board have them also. Chris.
  15. chrisr111

New CAR TAX rates in 2008 Budget!!

Andy, do you know what will happen to PLG taxed DC5s? Chris.
  16. chrisr111

Need help with my Ohlins

I would take a more direct approach and phone the UK supplier, it's too easy for them to ignore an e-mail if they're busy. Chris.
  17. chrisr111

Cheapest place for Bridgestone RE050s /RE070s

I did say you would have to be determined. Tire Rack will ship to the UK. Chris.
  18. chrisr111

Cheapest place for Bridgestone RE050s /RE070s

I'm afraid thats not true. The new S2000 CR uses a RE070 215/45/17 front tyre. So they are available if you are determined.... Chris.
  19. chrisr111

How Many Cars have 'Had Paint'?

Damaged in transit and repaired in the UK? Chris.
  20. chrisr111

Servicing in or near Cumbria?

Lloyds Honda in Carlisle has a very good reputation. Chris.